|Directed by||Anil Sunkara|
|Produced by||Rama Brahmam Sunkara|
|Music by||Bappi & Bappa Lahiri
Sunny M. R. (BGM)
|Editing by||M. R. Varma|
|Distributed by||AK Entertainments
Gayatri Devi Films (Vizag)
|Running time||150 mins|
|Budget||40 million (US$640,000)(including prints)|
|Box office||70 million (US$1.1 million)(5 days gross)|
Action 3D is a 2013 Indian Telugu comedy film in 3D. The film is directed by Anil Sunkara and features an ensemble cast of Allari Naresh, Shaam, Vaibhav, Raju Sundaram, Neelam Upadhyaya. Sneha Ullal, Kamna Jethmalani and Sheena Shahabadi. The film is India's first 3D Comedy film with high Technical Standards. It dubbed in Tamil as Aasu Raja Rani Jackie Matrum Joker. Its an unofficial remake of an Hollywood movie The Hangover
- Allari Naresh as Bala Vardhan aka Bava
- Shaam as Ajay
- Vaibhav as Shiva
- Raju Sundaram as Purushottam aka Purush
- Brahmanandam as Magnet Mama
- Neelam Upadhyaya as Geetha
- Sneha Ullal as Sameera
- Kamna Jethmalani as Anitha
- Ritu Barmecha as Sandhya
- Sheena Shahabadi as Shruthi
- M. S. Narayana as Bokka Venkatrao this character continuous with a previous blockbuster movie Dookudu
- Krishna Bhagawan
- Master Bharath
- Silambarasan in a guest appearance
- Sudeep in a guest appearance
- Sunil in a guest appearance as Oruganti Bala Mahesh aka Obama
- Posani Krishna Murali in a guest appearance
Anil Sunkara, making his directorial debut after the success of his production venture Dookudu, signed on Allari Naresh to play the lead role in a comedy 3D film in November 2011. In March 2012, the cast was finalised with Shaam, Raju Sundaram and Vaibhav also roped in to play lead roles. Kamna Jethmalani, Neelam Upadhyaya and Sneha Ullal were also selected to play leading female roles in the film. Bappa Lahiri, son of Bappi Lahiri, was signed on to compose the film's songs while Sunny M.R. (Swamyrara fame) has composed the film's background score. The film will be shot in 3D with the Red One camera system by Sarvesh Murari, with technicians brought in from the USA to guide production. Ritu Barmecha later replaced Vimala Raman, while Sudeep was roped in to play a cameo role in the film. Sunil and Posani Krishna Murali were also roped in for guest appearances.
The Tamil version of the film was titled as Aasu Raja Rani Jackie Matrum Joker and the Telugu version was titled as Action, with both versions being launched at Karnataka School located in T Nagar, Chennai on 22 March 2012, with Tamil Nadu Governor K. Rosaiah gracing the event as chief guest. The film is expected to be shot across the USA and Thailand. While shooting at Hyderabad, the lead actor Shaam reportedly did a nude scene, where the actor is required to run into a lake in the nude for a comic scene as per the script’s requirement. Since 3D Camera does not support Zoom-in, Naresh had to use 78 retakes to complete a fight shot jumping six feet in the air to land a punch which should end exactly 3 feet from the camera from 8 PM to 6 AM. Also, Naresh and Neelam Upadhyay shot the remix of the song "Swati Mutyapu Jallulo", from Nagarjuna's Prema Yuddham, which gained a cult status in those days. The film's filming and post-production activities were wrapped up on 8 June 2013 and a function was held in regard of this fact. However, apart from Multiplexes and A Centers, the film is releasing in 3D even in C Centers using Anaglyph 3D technology to overcome poor infrastructure in C centers for which Special glasses have been imported from China. After getting feedback from the audience on the day of release, the team chopped 15 minutes from the second half at various points significantly.
The film has fetched a whopping price for Vishakhapatnam area. It was picked up by Gayatri Devi Films for a price of about 152.5 million, which is a phenomenal amount for Allari Naresh. This figure is a career best price for Naresh in this area.
The Satellite Rights were sold to Zee Telugu for a price of 35 million.
123telugu.com gave a review stating "Action has impressive 3D effects. The film has some good moments and very nice visuals. Allari Naresh, Raju Sundaram and Sneha Ullal are the positive aspects of the film. On the flip side, better screenplay and dialogues would have really helped the movie. Overall, Action 3D can be watched for the sincere effort that went in to the making of TFI’s first true 3D film." Oneindia Entertainment gave a review of rating 3/5 stating "Watch it for the fun of it. Enjoy a 3D Telugu film with good enough acting, Action 3D.".
|Soundtrack album by Bappi Lahiri & Bappa Lahiri|
|Released||22 April 2013|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|1.||"Sunday Monday"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Ranjith, Suchitra||04:41|
|2.||"Pretty Girl"||Sirasri||Raghu Kunche||02:38|
|3.||"Oo Lala"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Bappi Lahari||05:13|
|4.||"Ding Dong"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Priya Himesh, Chinni Charan||03:49|
|5.||"Swathi Mutyapu Jallulalo"||Veturi Sundararama Murthy||Karthik, Divija||04:49|
|6.||"Mamasitha"||Bhuvanachandra||Baba Sehgal & Bappi Lahari||04:09|
Anil Sunkara's interview about Action 3D
- "The third dimension". The Hindu (Chennai, India). 5 November 2011.
- "Sunil's special appearance in 'Action 3D'". IndiaGlitz. Retrieved 28 May 2013.
- "Str Spotted With Venkat Prabhu". Behindwoods. 23 March 2012. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Anil Sunkara’s Action launched in Chennai | AP LIVE NEWS | Reviews | ANDHRA PRADESH |TELUGU CINEMA |POLITICAL NEWS | LIVETV | JOBS | GALLERY". Aplive.net. 23 March 2012. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Shaam does a full monty". Sify. 24 April 2012. Retrieved 1 June 2012.
- "How difficult it is to shoot a film in 3D –Allari Naresh". SuperGoodMovies. Retrieved 27 May 2013.
- "Allari Naresh to step for Nagarjuna’s rain song". SuperGoodMovies. Retrieved 15 April 2013.
- "Allari Naresh's 'Action 3D' Wrap-up function". IndiaGlitz. Retrieved 8 June 2013.
- "Action 3D using Anaglyph technology for C centers". 123telugu.com. Retrieved 20 June 2013.
- "Action 3D second half trimmed significantly". 123telugu.com. Retrieved 22 June 2013.
- "Action 3D gets a whopping price for Vizag". 123telugu.com. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- "Action 3D satellite rights picked up by Zee". 123telugu.com. Retrieved 15 June 2013.
- "Review : Action 3D – Good 3D effects". 21 June 2013.
- "Action 3D - Movie Review". Oneindia Entertainment. Retrieved 21 June 2013.
- "Action 3D Telugu Movie Review, Rating". apHerald.com. Retrieved 21 June 2013.
- "Action 3D audio launch today". 123telugu.com. Retrieved 22 Apr 2013.
- "Anil Sunkara's Interview". idlebrain.com. Retrieved 18 June 2013.