Action Group (conglomerate)
|Headquarters||New Delhi, India|
|Key people||Lala Mange Ram Agarwal, (Chairman)|
|Products||Sports shoes, Steel, Chemicals, Retail, MDF, Particle board, UPS, Infrastructure and PVC|
|Revenue||INR 32 billion (2011)|
Action Group is a conglomerate headed by Lala Mange Ram Agarwal and popularly known for their shoe business of Action Shoes.
Action Shoes is the most widely known business of the group. The group started from the shoe manufacturing industry and upon its success spread to other fields of steel, chemicals, computer monitors, housing projects, health care and retails. Cricketer Sachin Tendulkar was once its brand ambassador. In the electronic field, the group has two brands of inverters of Microtek and Okaya. The group started with the business of interior infrastructure, named Action Tesa, and in the first year of 2011 had a turnover of 1.5 billion (US$25 million). Under the business name of Action Ispat, the group owns two steel projects at Jharsuguda in Orissa and Raipur in Chhattisgarh, each with the capacity of 0.25 million tonnes and planned to expand the Orissa plant to 2.5 Metric ton by 2016.
- Action Shoes
- Action Ispat
- Action Chemicals
- Action Tesa
- Action Retail
- Microtek Inverters
- Pioneer Flex
- Sunsity Projects
In 2010, the Action Group, along with the NGO Manav Sevarth Trust opened the Action Cancer Hospital in Delhi. At the time of inauguration, which was done by the then President of India Pratibha Patil, the hospital had 150 beds. It is also associated with Sri Balaji Action Medical Institute, New Delhi.
- "Action Ispat to expand steel capacity in Orissa". The Hindu. 5 April 2012. Retrieved 29 August 2013.
- "Action Group to invest Rs 7,000 crore on its Odisha steel mill". Business Standard. 8 April 2012. Retrieved 29 August 2013.
- Rizvi, Ahmed Abbas (7 August 2002). "A brand name called Sachin Tendulkar". The Times of India. Retrieved 29 August 2013.
- Ghosal, Antara (6 March 2011). "Action Group to scale up electronic business". Financial Chronicle. Retrieved 29 August 2013.
- Menon, Bindu (19 February 2011). "Action Group enters wooden laminate flooring biz". The Hindu. Retrieved 29 August 2013.
- "Suncity in talks with PE firms to raise Rs 350 cr for IT SEZ project". The Hindu. 18 June 2008. Retrieved 29 August 2013.
- "West Delhi gets first cancer hospital". Hindustan Times. 3 April 2010. Retrieved 29 August 2013.
- "President opens Action Cancer Hospital in Delhi". The Hindu. 3 April 2010. Retrieved 29 August 2013.