||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (June 2013)|
|Type||Public (NASDAQ: BIRT)|
|Headquarters||San Mateo, California, USA|
|Key people||Nicolas C. Nierenberg, Founder, Chairman of the Board & Chief Architect
Peter I. Cittadini, CEO & President
|Products||ActuateOne, Actuate BIRT|
|Revenue||US$119 Million (FY 2009)|
|Operating income||US$17.5 Million (FY 2009)|
|Net income||US$12.2 Million (FY 2009)|
|Total assets||US$170 Million (FY 2009)|
|Total equity||US$75.4 Million (FY 2009)|
|Employees||570 (as of June 30, 2010)|
Actuate Corporation, The BIRT Company™, is a San Mateo, California based Public Computer software company. Actuate founded and co-leads the Eclipse BIRT open source project, a development environment for data visualizations. The company produces a variety of products that give developers and end users the environments needed to both design and deploy custom and ad hoc reports. Actuate's primary commercial offerings include BIRT Analytics for Big Data analytics, BIRT iHub™ for the deployment of BIRT-based custom Business Intelligence and information applications, and BIRT Content Services™ solutions for document and data transformation, processing, personalization, and archival of high-volume content.
The ActuateOne suite offers products in the user experience, development and server area. User experience products include BIRT Studio, a UI for creating, modifying and viewing BIRT content, BIRT Viewer and BIRT Interactive Viewer for viewing BIRT content, BIRT 360 for creating operational and analytic dashboards, BIRT Mobile solutions, and BIRT Data Analyzer. BIRT Designer is a developer UI for creating BIRT templates and reports. Server offerings are based on BIRT iServer, a report server with various capabilities such as scheduling, distribution, security and alerts.
Other product offerings include BIRT Analytics for visual data mining and predictive analytics, BIRT Performance Scorecard, a performance management solution, the Xenos line of solutions for document and data transformation, BIRT Spreadsheet for spreadsheet production and maintenance and e.Report for creating professional-looking reports, .
- Actuate (ACTU) annual SEC income statement filing via Wikinvest
- Actuate (ACTU) annual SEC balance sheet filing via Wikinvest
- "Actuate Corporation Company Overview". actuate.com. Archived from the original on 28 December 2010. Retrieved 22 January 2011.
- "Actuate Corporation Product Overview". actuate.com. Archived from the original on 28 December 2010. Retrieved 22 January 2011.
- "Phased-in Services". actuate.com. Archived from the original on 28 December 2010. Retrieved 22 January 2011.
- Bronson, Po (1999). "Chapter 2: The IPO". The Nudist on the Late Shift. New York: Random House. pp. 40–77. ISBN 0-375-50277-7. Relates the story of Actuate's initial public offering of stock.