|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2012)|
|Hangul||아주 특별한 손님|
|Hanja||아주 特別한 손님|
|Revised Romanization||Ajoo Teukbyeolhan Sonnim|
|McCune–Reischauer||Aju T‘ŭkpyŏlhan Sonnim|
|Directed by||Lee Yoon-ki|
|Produced by||Lee Yoon-ki
|Written by||Lee Yoon-ki|
|Based on||short story by Azuko Taira|
|Music by||Kim Jeong-beom|
|Edited by||Kim Hyeong-ju
|Distributed by||KBS Sky|
|Running time||99 minutes|
Ad-lib Night (Hangul: 아주 특별한 손님; RR: Aju teukbyeolhan sonnim; lit. "A Very Special Guest") is the third film by South Korean director Lee Yoon-ki. A group of boys from the country who have come to Seoul to find the runaway daughter of a dying man to be with him on his death bed. The film, based on a short story by Japanese writer Azuko Taira, debuted at the 11th annual Pusan International Film Festival as well as 57th Berlin International Film Festival.
Bo-kyung (Han Hyo-joo) is approached by two young men from the countryside, who are both convinced she is Myung-eun, a girl who left the village years ago and whose father is now dying. When they realize she is isn't who they think she is, the more outspoken of the pair, Ki-yeong (Kim Yeong-min), asks her to be the "stand-in" for a night, so that the old man can die after seeing his estranged daughter one last time. Despite her hesitation, she gets in their car.
- Han Hyo-joo - Lee Bo-kyung
- Kim Yeong-min - Ki-yeong
- Choi Il-hwa - Ji-ho's father
- Yoon Hee-seok - Nam Taek-jong
- Lee Hyun-jung - Ji-ho's mother
- Kim Jung-ki - Young-eun's uncle
- Shin Yeong-jin - Young-eun's aunt
- Kwon Da-hyun - Lee Jin-young
- Gi Ju-bong - Myung-eun's father
- Kim Hye-ok - Myung-eun's mother
- Bae Jong-ok - Bo-kyung's mother (voice)
- Jin Yong-wook - Lee Sung-wook
- Lee Seung-yeon
- Yeo Min-gu
- 20th Singapore International Film Festival- Silver Screen Award: Best Actress (Han Hyo-joo)
- 9th Deauville Asian Film Festival: Lotus Air France - Prix de la Critique Internationale (International Critics' Prize)
- "Box office by Country: Ad-Lib Night". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2012-06-04.
- "Film File: Ad Lib Night". Berlinale. Retrieved 2012-12-31.
- "Han Hyo-joo to Win Best Actress at Singapore Film Festival". KBS Global. 2 May 2007. Retrieved 2013-03-17.
- Ad-lib Night at HanCinema
- Ad-lib Night at the Korean Movie Database
- Ad-lib Night at the Internet Movie Database