||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (September 2012)|
||This article may be written from a fan's point of view, rather than a neutral point of view. (September 2012)|
24 September 1964 |
|Occupation||Actor, Singer, Musician|
Adam Alexi-Malle (born 24 September 1964) is an Italian actor, singer, dancer and musician.
Life and career
Alexi-Malle was born in Siena, Italy. His Italian (Sardinian) father and Spanish-Arab mother later emigrated to London, United Kingdom, and finally to the United States. As musician, he began performing at the age of 9, intent on a career as a concert pianist and violinist having trained with Dorothy DeLay and Raphael Bronstein and at the Conservatoire de Paris under the auspices of the Fulbright committee's Harriet Hale Woolley Fellowship as well as the Moscow Conservatory and The Juilliard School. And as a ballet dancer, as a student at the American Ballet Theatre in New York City. In the early 1990s, following a course at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts in London, he began his acting career.
He has starred in such films as Bowfinger, The Man Who Wasn't There, Hidalgo, Celebrity and Failure To Launch and on television in numerous guest-starring roles including The Sopranos, The West Wing, Alias and 24, and on stage in the Tony Award-winning/nominated Broadway productions of Titanic and The Threepenny Opera. He starred opposite Sam Rockwell and Cara Seymour in the critically acclaimed Off-Broadway premiere of Mike Leigh's Goose-Pimples with The New Group theatre in New York City garnering nominations as Outstanding Featured Actor with both the Drama Desk and Outer Critics Circle Awards.
Fluent in Italian, French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic and an astonishing facility with accents, he maintains an active career as a voiceover artist. He has worked for Late Night with David Letterman, Family Guy and video games including The Bourne Conspiracy, Diablo 3 and Assassin's Creed: Revelations.
Adam is founding owner and President of the multimedia production company JP²A²M:worldwide Entertainment  which has offices in Los Angeles, CA and London, England. Under the auspices of this production company are presences dedicated to film: Siena Films; theatre: Blistering Muses; television: virtuosoTV; as well as the record label: Autonomous Records. The company is in pre-production preparations for Adam's feature film directorial debut from an original screenplay which he has also written entitled, The Enigma Variations.
- The Man Who Wasn't There
- Failure To Launch
- A.I. Artificial Intelligence
- Treasure Buddies
- Coyote Ugly
- Peroxide Passion
- Night Falls on Manhattan
- The Peacemaker
- Titanic (musical) - Original Cast Album (Varèse Sarabande)
- Nellie McKay: Normal as Blueberry Pie – A Tribute to Doris Day (credited as Paolo Perre) (Verve)
- "CRITIC'S NOTEBOOK; Entering From the Wings: Drama's Daring Upstarts - New York Times". Nytimes.com. 1998-01-02. Retrieved 2011-06-13.
- Canby, Vincent (4 January 1998). "SUNDAY VIEW; A Classically Riveting 'View From the Bridge'". The New York Times. Retrieved 4 December 2011.
- Brantley, Ben (19 December 1997). "THEATER REVIEW; Nothing Nice to Say? Do Come Sit Closer!". The New York Times. Retrieved 4 December 2011.
- Drukman, Stephen (11 January 1998). "THEATER; Playing the Outsider and Feeling Right at Home". The New York Times. Retrieved 4 December 2011.
- "ON STAGE AND OFF; Another Reason To Await Spring - New York Times". Nytimes.com. 1998-01-09. Retrieved 2011-06-13.
- 1&1 WebsiteBuilder. "worldwide Entertainment Site". JP2A2M. Retrieved 2011-06-13.
- 1&1 WebsiteBuilder (2011-03-07). "SIENA Films Site". Jp2a2m.com. Retrieved 2011-06-13.