Barrett with Southend United in 2009
|Full name||Adam Nicholas Barrett|
|Date of birth||29 November 1979|
|Place of birth||Dagenham, England|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
(on loan from Gillingham)
|2011||→ Leyton Orient (loan)||14||(0)|
|2014–||→ AFC Wimbledon (loan)||11||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 21:09, 8 October 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Adam Nicholas Barrett (born 29 November 1979) is an English footballer who plays for Football League Two club AFC Wimbledon as a defender, on loan from Gillingham, having previously played for Leyton Orient, Plymouth Argyle, Mansfield Town, Bristol Rovers, Southend United, Crystal Palace and Bournemouth.
Barrett joined Southend United, on a free transfer at the beginning of the 2004–05 season and quickly established himself as a fan's favourite. He scored 11 goals in his first season with the Blues, a high figure for a centre-back, and was voted Player of the Year by Southend fans.
On 11 March 2011, Barrett returned on a month's loan to his first club Leyton Orient.
Barrett signed a two-year deal with Bournemouth on 5 July 2011. Barrett scored against his former club Crystal Palace in a pre-season friendly against them on 30 July. The newly appointed captain then netted his first competitive Cherries goal in his first home league match; a 2–0 win over Sheffield Wednesday on 13 August 2011.
On 16 August 2012, Barrett signed a one year deal with Gillingham with the option for the contract to be extended to two years. He was quickly made captain at Priestfield and led the Gills to win the League Two championship. His regular combative performances quickly won the fans over and he was awarded the club's Supporters' Player of the year and Away Supporters' Player of the year awards. Barrett was also named in the League Two team of the year.
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2009). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2009–10. Mainstream Publishing. ISBN 978-1-84596-474-0.
- "Os take Barrett on loan". Leyton Orient F.C. 11 March 2011.
- "Bournemouth sign Crystal Palace defender Adam Barrett". BBC Sport. 6 July 2011. Retrieved 6 July 2011.
- "Gills unveil double signing". Gillingham F.C. 17 August 2012. Retrieved 17 August 2012.
- Player of the Year Awards 2013. gillinghamfootballclub.com. 28 April 2013
- Day, Richard (30 April 2013) Three Gills chosen in the League Two team of the year. gillinghamfootballclub.com