Adam Buxton (footballer)
Buxton playing for Accrington Stanley in 2014
|Full name||Adam Mark Buxton|
|Date of birth||12 May 1992|
|Place of birth||Liverpool, England|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|2014||→ Burton Albion (loan)||0||(0)|
|2014||→ Accrington Stanley (loan)||11||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 10:13, 13 September 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Buxton began his career at Wigan Athletic, and experienced his first taste of first-team football when he was an unused substitute for an FA Cup tie against Hull City on 8 January 2011. Buxton spent the rest of the season playing for the Wigan reserve team, and went on to captain the development squad throughout the 2011–12 and 2012–13 seasons. He broke back into the first-team setup at the beginning of the 2013–14 season, travelling with the senior Wigan side on their pre-season tour of the United States, and featuring in several pre-season friendlies. However, once the newly relegated side's season had started, Buxton found himself unable to make his way into the line-up for the first-team.
On 3 January 2014, League Two side Burton Albion took Buxton on loan from Wigan for one month. He was issued the squad number 4, and made his professional debut on 14 January 2014 in a 4–1 defeat to AFC Bournemouth in the FA Cup. Buxton made no further appearances for Burton, and was recalled by Wigan on 1 February 2014, at the completion of the initial one-month loan.
Buxton was sent out on loan again a month later, joining another League Two side Accrington Stanley on 8 March 2014, on a one-month emergency loan deal. He made his debut for the club the same day, starting in a 3–1 league win against Chesterfield. Accrington manager James Beattie said of Buxton's debut performance after the match: "I was very pleased with Adam’s display at right-back on Saturday and I think everyone who was at the game saw how accomplished he was." On 10 April 2014, Buxton's loan at Stanley was extended until the end of the 2013–14 season. At the end of the season, Buxton was among five players to be released.
After being released by Wigan Athletic, Buxton resigned for Accrington Stanley on a one-year contract.
Style of play
- As of match played 7 September 2014.
|Club||Season||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Other||Total|
- "Premier League clubs submit retained and released lists". Premier League. 7 June 2013. Retrieved 4 February 2014.
- "Adam Buxton player profile". Wigan Athletic FC. Retrieved 4 February 2014.
- "Hull 2–3 Wigan". BBC Sport (British Broadcasting Corporation). 8 January 2011. Retrieved 4 February 2014.
- "Adam Buxton: Burton Albion sign Wigan defender on loan". BBC Sport (British Broadcasting Corporation). 3 January 2014. Retrieved 4 February 2014.
- "Match Report: Bournemouth 4–1 Burton Albion". Burton Albion FC. 14 January 2014. Archived from the original on 28 August 2014. Retrieved 4 February 2014.
- "Buxton recalled". Burton Albion FC. 1 February 2014. Archived from the original on 28 August 2014. Retrieved 4 February 2014.
- "Wigan Defender Joins on Loan". Accrington Stanley FC. 8 March 2014. Archived from the original on 28 August 2014. Retrieved 8 March 2014.
- "Boss Believes Squad is Key For Season Run-In". Accrington Stanley FC. 10 March 2014. Archived from the original on 28 August 2014. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
- "Buxton Loan Extended". Accrington Stanley FC. 10 April 2014. Archived from the original on 28 August 2014.
- "CLUB CONFIRM CONTRACTS EXPIRE". Wigan Athletic F.C. 7 July 2014. Archived from the original on 28 August 2014. Retrieved 28 August 2014.
- "Adam Buxton Returns!". Accrington Stanley FC. 20 July 2014. Archived from the original on 28 August 2014. Retrieved 28 August 2014.
- "Burton Albion sign Wigan Athletic defender on loan". Burton Mail. 3 January 2014. Retrieved 4 February 2014.
- "Adam Buxton career stats". Soccerbase. Retrieved 4 February 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Adam Buxton (footballer).|