Adam D'Angelo, and Steven Levy, 2011
|Born||1984/1985 (age 29–30)|
|Education||Phillips Exeter Academy , California Institute of Technology|
|Occupation||co-founder of Quora|
|Known for||Former CTO of Facebook|
|Net worth||US$680 million (Dec. 2014)|
Adam D'Angelo is the chief executive officer and co-founder of Quora, an online knowledge market based in Mountain View, California. He was chief technology officer of Facebook, and also served as its vice president of engineering. He left Facebook in 2008. In June 2009, he started Quora with Charlie Cheever, another early Facebook employee.
Adam D’Angelo attended California Institute of Technology, where he graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and a 4.0 grade point average. While in college, he was one of the top 24 finalists in the international Topcoder Collegiate Challenge. He also competed in the Association for Computing Machinery collegiate world programming contest as a member of California Institute of Technology team. His team won a silver medal in 2004 and got a title of North America champions in 2003.
In 2002, D’Angelo won a silver medal in the International Olympiad in Informatics.
- Hempel, Jessi; Kowitt, Beth; Mangalindan, JP (July 9, 2010). "The smartest people in tech - Engineer runners-up: Cheever and D'Angelo (22)". Fortune Magazine (CNN). Retrieved 2010-10-10.
- Eldon, Eric (May 11, 2008). "Facebook CTO Adam D'Angelo to leave the company". VentureBeat. Retrieved 2011-08-12.
- Feeney, Kevin J. (February 24, 2005). "Business, Casual.". The Harvard Crimson. Retrieved 2011-08-12.
- Rivlin, Gary (April 28, 2011). "Does Quora Really Have All the Answers?". Wired. Retrieved 2011-08-12.
- "Standings for The 2003 ACM Programming Contest World Finals". Retrieved 2014-06-20.
- "Standings for The 2004 ACM Programming Contest World Finals". Retrieved 2014-06-20.
- "Exeter Olympians". Exeter Bulletin. Retrieved 2011-08-12.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Adam D'Angelo.|
- Adam D'Angelo at CrunchBase
- Why I Quit My CTO Job At Facebook And Started Quora, interview with Business Insider