Adam Eckersley (musician)
|Born||4 April 1982|
|Genres||blues, rock, acoustic|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, harmonica|
|Labels||Universal Music Australia|
Adam Eckersley is a multi-award-winning singer, guitarist and songwriter from Grafton, Australia. He is the former vocalist and lead guitarist of award-winning blues band Bluezone, which have since disbanded. He has also been recently been signed to Universal Music Australia, and graduated from the CMAA Australian College of Country Music in 1998. Eckersley is married to fellow musician, Australian country music singer–songwriter Brooke McClymont, of The McClymonts.
Born and raised in Grafton, Australia and later moved to Tamworth, New South Wales as a teenager along with his two brothers, Mark and Ryan. Eckersley currently resides on the Central Coast, New South Wales.
Eckersley has been playing professionally for many years and was the 2008 ambassador for the Australian Blues Music Festival. Eckersley is sponsored by Fender Australia and Lee Oskar Harmonicas. Having played at some of the countries leading blues festivals including the Byron Bay Blues & Roots Festival and the Darling Harbour Jazz Festival, he has also shared the stage with Australia's most revered guitarists such as; Phil Emmanuel, Mal Eastick, Phil Manning & Matt Taylor from Chain, Kevin Borich, and Izzy Ismanovich of The Screaming Jets.
In early 2010, Eckersley formed the 5 piece band Adam Eckersley Band (A.E.B.), consisting of Adam Eckersley, Jason Bone, Rudy Miranda, Ammiel Warner and Scott Greenway, they are now touring extensively throughout New South Wales. The release of their EP and first studio album has been met with positive feedback and sales, which also includes cover art designed by Eckersley.
Eckersley accompanied The McClymonts on their extensive 2011 US tour, performing alongside them as rhythm guitarist, while also developing A.E.B.
In Mid 2012, Eckersley received much interest from key figures within Universal Music Australia after seeing him perform in one of The McClymonts music video's. Soon after, Eckersley was signed to his first major label and writing music with numerous notable artists such as Keith Peterik (Eye of the Tiger), and Keith Burns (Trick Pony) to develop his new album under Universal Music Australia's banner.
- 2007 Australian Blues Music Festival; "Song of the Year" & "Male Vocalist of the Year".
- 2007 Bluestar Peoples Choice Award for "Best Australasian Male Vocalist".
- 2008 Australian Blues Festival Ambassador
- 2007 Australian Blues "Chain Awards"; "Male vocalist of the year" & "Song of the year".
- 2007 Bluestar Peoples Choice Awards; "Male vocalist of the year", "Drummer of the year" & "Keyboard Player of the year".
- 2007 Newcastle ABC Awards; Blues & Roots category for their song You're The One.
- 2005 The Bluezone / EP
- 2006 The Bluezone / The Sweetest and Most Perfect Things
- 2008 Bluezone / Thanks for Coming to the Show
- 2011 Adam Eckersley Band / A.E.B. EP
- 2012 Adam Eckersley Band / Full Tilt Freakout
- 2013 Adam Eckersley Band / Should've Known Better EP
- 2014 Adam Eckersley Band / The First Album
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Adam Eckersley (musician).|