Adam Goldworm (born April 1, 1978) is a literary and talent manager at Aperture Entertainment, a new management/production company that he founded in March 2009.
Goldworm's company Aperture Entertainment represents talent in the industry including Cory Goodman (Priest, Lore,The Brood, The Last Witch Hunter), Jeremy Passmore (Special, Red Dawn) & Andre Fabrizio San Andreas 3D The Prince, The World After aka Nocturne), Tao Ruspoli (Fix), Simon Rumley (The Last Word,Red, White & Blue, The Living and the Dead) Steven C. Miller (Aggression Scale, Automaton Transfusion, Silent Night), Benjamin Brand (Speak American, Nemesis: The Last Case of Eliot Ness). and Jeremy Lott (Man At Arms, Lore). The company also reps a number of actors including actress/singer Jessica Lowndes (90210, Altitude), actress Cortney Palm (Silent Night, Sushi Girl) and internet sensation actor/writer/producer Ross Patterson (FDR: American Badass, Poolboy: Drowning Out The Fury).
Goldworm is currently producing several films including The Prince written by his clients Jeremy Passmore & Andre Fabrizio and starring Bruce Willis, Jason Patric,John Cusack,50 Cent and his client Jessica Lowndes, Warner Bros.'s supernatural action film Lore written by his clients Cory Goodman & Jeremy Lott based on Ashley Wood's IDW graphic novel Lore starring Dwayne "The Rock" Turner and directed by men in black's barry sonnenfeld, Summit Entertainment's horror action film The Last Witch Hunter starring vin dieselwith Breck Eisner (The Crazies) directing a script written by Cory Goodman, MGM's remake of David Cronenberg's body horror classic The Brood and a new untitled thriller for Dimension that centers around the horrors of social networking.
Goldworm is also currently producing Nemesis: The LAst case of Eliot Ness, an 8-part miniseries written by his client Ben Brand based on the nnovel by William Bernhardt, Haunted at ABC with Jon turteltaub (National Treasure) directing and the comedy series Saint James St. James Presents Delirium Cinema at IFC. Goldworm has also developed and produced several film projects including Simon Rumley's Red, White & Blue, Luckytown starring Kirsten Dunst and James Caan and the low-budget zombie film Automaton Transfusion.
Goldworm is reteaming with his former Masters of Horror crony Stuart Gordon to produce a horror stage play titled Taste, Written by Aperture Entertainment client Benjamin Brand, Taste is based on the true story of Armin Meiwes, aka the Rotenburg Cannibal, a German who achieved international notoriety for killing and eating a voluntary victim whom he had found via the Internet. After its initial stage run, Gordon will direct the feature film version of the play.
Goldworm spent five years at Industry Entertainment, ultimately serving as Executive Vice President, Television and playing an instrumental role in creating and overseeing the company's independent television division. Goldworm produced several high profile television anthology series including Showtime's Masters of Horror, ABC's Masters of Science Fiction and NBC's summer series Fear Itself and developed a crime anthology with Chris McQuarrie and a 2012 miniseries with Bryan Singer and Michael Petroni for SyFy. Goldworm also oversaw the creation of the two Masters of Horror soundtracks released by Immortal Records and Downtown Records in addition to the IDW Publishing comic book line.
At the ae of 31, Goldworm was one of the 35 executives under the age of 35 selected for the Hollywood Reporter's Next Generation 2008.
He grew up in Cherry Hill, New Jersey and graduated from Cherry Hill High School East. He graduated Cum Laude from UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television in 1998 and received an MBA from UC Berkeley's Haas School of Business in 2003. While at UC Berkeley, Goldworm taught Film to undergraduates. Goldworm has written several news stories for Variety and Daily Variety where he started as an intern compiling charts focusing on the use of music in the film industry and writing obituaries.
Partial filmography as producer
- Luckytown (2001)
- Masters of Horror (2005–2006)
- Automaton Transfusion (2006)
- Masters of Science Fiction (2007)
- Fear Itself (2008)
- Red, White & Blue (2011)
- Silent Night (2012)
- Haunted (2012)
- Lore (2013)
- Man At Arms (2013)
- Apocalypse: Undead (2013)
- Hurt (2013)
- The Last Witch Hunter (2013)
- The Brood (2013)
- The Prince (2013)
- Taste (2014)
- "'Journey 2' Director In Talks for Disaster Movie 'San Andreas 3D' (Exclusive)". Retrieved 19 May 2013.
- Summit Be-'Witch'ed By 'Wanted' Timur
- "Adam Goldworm Filmography". InBaseline. Baseline StudioSystems. Retrieved 2008-07-03.
- "'Re-Animator' Director Tackling Cannibal Play (Exclusive)". Retrieved 19 May 2013.
- Levine, Stuart (2008-03-03). "Directors, cast set for 'Fear Itself'". Variety. Retrieved 11 December 2008.
- "Hollywood Reporter: Next Gen 2008".[dead link]
- "Automaton Transfusion (2006)". Retrieved 11 December 2008.
- Richmond, Ray (2008-06-03). "TV Review: Fear Itself". The Hollywood Reporter (Nielsen Business Media). Archived from the original on 9 August 2008. Retrieved 2008-08-03.[dead link]
- Dwayne Johnson In Warner Bros Deal For ‘Lore’
- Man at Arms
- Timur Bekmambetov Sets Loose The Last Witch Hunter for Summit
- Adam Goldworm at the Internet Movie Database
- Variety article: Small Press Thinks Big by Adam Goldworm
- Variety article: Suber, Guber teach wanna-be producers by Adam Goldworm
- Hollywood Reporter: Next Gen 2008