Newcastle upon Tyne, England
|Occupation||President, INO.com, Inc.|
Adam Hewison (born 1945, Newcastle upon Tyne, England) is a former professional floor trader and author, best known for his technical analysis of the currency markets. Along with his business partner, David Maher, Hewison co-founded INO.com in the mid-1990s, a website that pioneered the delivery of financial information on the web.
Before starting INO.com, Inc., Hewison was a foreign exchange trader and advisor. He was one of the first currency futures traders when the International Monetary Market (IMM) introduced this type of financial instrument in the 1970s. In addition to an IMM membership, Hewison held seats on the CME's Index and Options Market (IOM), and was a charter member of the New York Futures Exchange (NYFE) and the London International Financial Futures and Options Exchange (LIFFE).
While trading on the floor, Hewison was selected to manage the risk exposure of a hedge fund for a private family fortune in Geneva, Switzerland. After returning to the United States with his family, Hewison formed The Rich Financial Group, Inc., a commodity trading advisory (CTA) firm with offices in Maryland.
In the 1980s, in addition to trading his personal account, he introduced a very popular, subscription-based daily fax advisory service, FXPro, with many major banks as clients.
Hewison launched INO.com in 1994 and was a pioneer in the web-based delivery of financial information and investor education. The site now serves over 1 million monthly visitors who use INO.com to analyze their stock, futures, foreign exchange, exchange-traded fund, and precious metal portfolios.
In the early 2000s, Hewison and his business partner, David Maher, developed MarketClub. The subscription-based website provides individual traders with a set of professional analytical tools they can use to enter and exit the stock, futures, foreign exchange, ETF and precious metals markets. MarketClub has customers in over 100 countries.
Hewison, A. (1990). Right on the Money: The Definitive Guide to Forecasting Foreign Exchange Rates. Infinite Data, Incorporated.
Hewison, A. J. (1991). The Will Rogers Theory of Point & Figure Trading.Technical Analysis of Stocks & Commodities, 9(8), 320-322. 
- Forbes "Adam Hewison Aims For 'The Fat Part In The Middle' Of Market Moves". Retrieved 22 January 2013.
- PR Newswire "INO.com Launches Extensive Online Financial Media Library to Introduce Individual Investors to Trend and Technical Analysis". Retrieved 22 January 2013.
- ActionForex "International Monetary Market". Retrieved 22 January 2013.
- "Adam Hewison, President". Retrieved 23 January 2013.
- INO.com "INO.com InfoKit". Retrieved 22 January 2013.
- Your Trading Edge Magazine "Adam Hewison Interview". Retrieved 22 January 2013.
- Google Books Right on the Money: The Definitive Guide to Foreign Exchange. Retrieved 22 January 2013.
- Technical Analysis of Stocks & Commodities "The Will Rogers Theory Of Point & Figure Trading by J. Adam Hewison". Retrieved 22 January 2013.