|Born||April 30, 1978|
|Television||Big Brother 9|
Adam Jasinski (born April 30, 1978) is the winner of the U.S. series Big Brother 9. Jasinski is a public relations manager from Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Jasinski has a master's degree in fashion design and marketing, and has attended Camden County College in New Jersey, Parson's School of Design in New York, and Fashion Art Italy in Prato-Florence Italy.
Big Brother 9
On Big Brother, Jasinski was paired with Sheila Kennedy. Jasinski won part two of the three-part final "Head of Household" competition. At the finale, Jasinski became the winner of Big Brother 9 by a vote of 6-1, defeating fellow houseguest Ryan Quicksall and earning the $500,000 prize. Jasinski received votes from Matt McDonald, Chelsia Hart, James Zinkand, Natalie Cunial, Sharon Obermueller, and Sheila Kennedy. Jasinski only lost the vote of Joshuah Welch.
Jasinski was arrested on October 19, 2009, and was charged by the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), in North Reading, MA for possession of 2,000 oxycodone pills with intent to distribute. Jasinski allegedly admitted funding his illegal venture with his $500,000 winnings from the show, and to buying and reselling oxycodone pills for several months. Jasinski faced a maximum of 20 years in prison and a $1 million fine.
Big Brother finalist Sheila Kennedy, who voted for Jasinski during the "jury house" portion of the show, stated she felt betrayed by him for using his prize money to fund a drug ring, as he had promised to donate $100,000 of it to an autism charity. Another houseguest, Allison Nichols stated "I hope Adam gets the maximum [jail] time he deserves, because this is terrible."
On October 4, 2010 Jasinski appeared in U.S. District Court in Boston, Massachusetts and pleaded guilty to charges of possession with intent to distribute Oxycodone and failure to file a tax return for the year he won the $500,000 prize on Big Brother. Jasinski was remanded to custody. In what has been described as an ironic twist, Jasinski’s lawyer said she planned to recommend a sentence of house arrest.
- "Adam's biography". CBS.com. Retrieved June 2, 2011.
- "Adam Jasinski, Big Brother Winner, Charged With Selling Oxy". U.S. District Court, Boston, MA (FindLaw). 2009-10-20. Archived from the original on 25 October 2009. Retrieved 2009-10-20.
- "'Big Brother' winner Adam Jasinski confesses using $500,000 prize to buy oxycodone pills to resell". Daily News (New York). October 20, 2009. Retrieved 2010-02-28.
- "Adam Jasinski, 'Big Brother' Winner, In Massive Oxycodone Bust". The Huffington Post. October 20, 2009. Retrieved May 17, 2010.
- Beaudet, Mike (19 October 2009). "Big Brother winner Adam Jasinski charged with dealing drugs". Fox Undercover. Archived from the original on 20 October 2009. Retrieved 2009-10-21.
- "Note to Game Show Contestants: Big Brother Really *Is* Watching". taxgirl.com. October 4, 2010. Archived from the original on 5 January 2011. Retrieved January 22, 2011.
- "USDOJ: US Attorney's Office - District of Massachusetts". Justice.gov. Retrieved 2014-03-05.
- Denise Lavoie. "'Big Brother' Adam Jasinski Pleads GUILTY In Tax, Drug Case". Huffingtonpost.com. Retrieved 2014-03-05.
- Adam Jasinski at the Internet Movie Database
- Criminal Complaint, U.S. v. Adam Jasinski, U.S. District Court, Boston, MA (Oct. 19, 2009)
|Big Brother U.S. winner
Season 9 (2008)