Adam Jensen (musician)
|Birth name||Adam Joseph Jensen|
|Occupation(s)||musician, songwriter, producer|
|Instruments||vocals, guitar, piano, organ, percussion, harmonica, baritone horn|
|Labels||Toucan Cove/Universal Records|
|Associated acts||Mission Hill|
Adam Jensen is an American rock recording artist, producer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist from Boston, MA. Jensen first built a following with the band Mission Hill after signing a record deal with Toucan Cove/Universal Records in 2009. In 2013, he made his solo debut with the album "Head On a String" which peaked at #7 on the iTunes singer/songwriter album chart.
Jensen has co-written with Rob Thomas, Walt Aldridge and Eliot Sloan of Blessid Union of Souls. He also collaborated with Candlebox lead singer, Kevin Martin, co-writing "You'll Never Walk Alone," a tribute to the Boston Marathon victims, and donated all proceeds to the ONE fund.
After parting ways with his record label and management in 2012, Jensen self-released his first solo album, "Head on a String EP," in January 2013. The EP went on to hit #7 on the iTunes Singer/Songwriter album charts within hours of the official release. Featured on the album was the track "Lost Without You" which Jensen co-wrote with Rob Thomas and Dave Harris and was produced by Aaron Johnson. In December 2013, Jensen self-released his second album the "Behold the Man EP" which also peaked at #7 on the iTunes Singer/Songwriter album charts.
In 2009, Jensen signed a management deal with David Corey, program director of CHUM-FM and former program director of WXKS-FM, and Alert Entertainment, and formed the band Mission Hill. From 2009 to 2012, Mission Hill released two full length albums and three EPs under the Toucan Cove/Universal Records label.
In 2010, Mission Hill performed as part of the annual KISS 108 Concert at the Comcast Center and was selected through Ourstage.com's Super Band contest to play with Bon Jovi and Kid Rock at Gillette Stadium.
Mission Hill has performed alongside national acts such as Bon Jovi, Kid Rock, Train, Third Eye Blind, Candlebox, Donavon Frankenreiter, Tim Reynolds, Live, WAR, Marcy Playground, Parachute, Tyrone Wells, Blessid Union of Souls, and Vertical Horizon.
- Mission Hill EP (2009)
- Beautiful Addiction (2010)
- Nowhere, Man (2012)
- Dear My Former Self (2012)
- Head On a String (2013)
- Behold The Man (2013)
- McLennan, Scott. "Jensen's worthwhile change of course", Boston Herald, Boston, 1 May 2013.
- "Nominations revealed for New England Music Awards", Boston Music Spotlight, Boston, 15 February 2013.
- Brooks, Michael. "The 2nd Annual New England Music Awards and Artist Conference Takes Lowell by Storm", Yahoo! Voices, 22 April 2013.
- "We Hear: Veronika Loginova, Ben Affleck, David Corey and more...", Boston Herald, Boston, 11 August 2009.
- Chong, Alexandria. "Profiled Artist: Mission Hill", The Sound Alarm, 5 July 2012.
- "Ten Local Bands to Watch", Boston Music Spotlight, Boston, 8 January 2010.
- Behe, Rege "Mission Hill vocalist keeps coming back for the music", Tribune Review, Pittsburgh, 29 June 2011.
- "Mission Hill Wins Spot Opening for Bon Jovi", Alternative Addiction, 8 August 2010.