June 25, 1957|
|Died||April 26, 2011
|Children||Natalie Kolawa, Adam Kolawa Jr.|
Kolawa received a M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering from the University of Science and Technology in 1981 and a M.Sc. in Physics from Jagiellonian University in 1982. After Kolawa emigrated from Poland to the United States, he earned a Ph.D in Theoretical Physics from the California Institute of Technology. While at Caltech, he worked with Geoffrey Fox and helped design and implement the Intel hypercube parallel computer known as the Cosmic Cube.
In 1987, he founded Parasoft with four friends from Caltech. Initially, the company focused on parallel processing technologies. Kolawa co-authored two books on Development Testing and Software Testing In 2001, Kolawa was awarded the Los Angeles Ernst & Young's Entrepreneur of the Year Award in the Software category.
Kolawa was granted 20 patents for software technologies he has invented. His patents include runtime memory error detection technology (Patent 5,842,019 and 5,581,696 - granted in 1998), statically analyzing source code quality using rules (Patent 5,860,011 - granted in 1999), and automated unit test case generation technology (Patent 5,761,408 and 5,784,553 - granted in 1998).
Kolawa died suddenly on April 26, 2011.
- Kolawa, Adam (2009). The Next Leap in Productivity: What Top Managers Really Need to Know about Information Technology. Wiley. p. 224. ISBN 978-0-470-39811-1.
- Kolawa, Adam; Huizinga, Dorota (2007). Automated Defect Prevention: Best Practices in Software Management. Wiley-IEEE Computer Society Press. p. 426. ISBN 0-470-04212-5.
- Kolawa, Adam; Hicken, Wendell; Dunlop, Cynthia (2001). Bulletproofing Web Applications. Wiley. p. 545. ISBN 0-7645-4866-2.
- Oram, Andy; Wilson, Greg, ed. (2007). Beautiful Code: Leading Programmers Explain How They Think (Theory in Practice). O'Reilly. p. 618. ISBN 0-596-51004-7.
- "Interview: Adam Kolawa, Parasoft" in socaltech.com, February 9, 2004
- "The Implementation of a Dynamic Load Balancer." Kolawa, A. with G. Fox and R. Williams. In Hypercube Multiprocessors, M. T. Heath, editor. SIAM, Philadelphia, 114-121. 1987. Caltech Report C3P-328
- "Performance of' the Mark II and INTEL Hypercubes." Kolawa, A. with S. Otto, published in Hypercube Multiprocessors, edited by T. Heath, SIAM, 272. 1986. Caltech report C3P-254
- "Entrepreneur of the Year" Los Angeles Business Journal June 18, 2001
- Patent search for Kolawa, Adam at www.uspto.gov
- "Remembering Adam Kolawa From Parasoft" by Alan Zeichick, SD Times, May 2, 2011
- Parasoft Executive Biographies
- Exclusive JDJ Industry Profile: Dr Adam Kolawa, CEO, Parasoft
- Unlocking the Power of Automation: Exclusive Q&A with Dr Adam Kolawa, Co-founder & CEO of Parasoft