Adam Larsen Kwarasey
|Full name||Adambathia Larsen Kwarasey|
|Date of birth||12 December 1987|
|Place of birth||Oslo, Norway|
|Height||1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 27 September 2013.
† Appearances (Goals).
Kwarasey was born and grew up in Norway, and he chose to represent his father's country, Ghana at international level.
Early and personal life
Kwarasey played youth football with Trosterud and Vålerenga. After moving to Strømsgodset, he made his debut on 6 May 2007. Kwarasey was the captain of the club when Strømsgodset in 2013 won Tippeligaen for the first time since 1970. He also won the Kniksen Award as the best goalkeeper in the 2013 season.
In October 2010, Kwarasey received his Ghanaian passport and became eligible to play for Ghana. On 30 July 2011, Kwarasey was called up to the Ghana national team for a match against Nigeria. That match was postponed due to security reasons, although Kwarasey confirmed his intention to become Ghana's first-choice goalkeeper.
He made his international debut for Ghana on 2 September 2011 in an 2012 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Swaziland, before playing in a friendly match against Brazil at Craven Cottage in London three days later.
In January 2012, Kwarasey was described as a "potential legend" for Ghana.
- Adam Larsen Kwarasey at National-Football-Teams.com
- Sannie, Ibrahim (6 November 2007). "Norwegian keeper opts for Ghana". BBC Sport. Retrieved 19 May 2012.
- Jacobsen, Kristin Estil (19 January 2012). "Mener Kwarasey er mer attraktiv med EU-pass". vg.no (in Norwegian). Verdens Gang. Retrieved 19 May 2012.
- "Profile" (in Norwegian). Strømsgodset IF.
- Hoel, Yasmin Sunde; Bentsen, Anders Rove (10 October 2013). "Deila gråt i bilen på vei til gullkampen". NRK (in Norwegian). Retrieved 17 December 2013.
- Syversen, Christina Paulos (10 October 2013). "Strømsgodset i et ekslusivt selskap". Nettavisen (in Norwegian). Retrieved 17 December 2013.
- "Norwegian keeper opts for Ghana". BBC Sport. 6 November 2007.
- Adam Larsen Kwarasey on Playerhistory.com[dead link]
- "Godset-keeperen fikk ghanesisk pass" [The Strømsgodset goalkeeper got Ghanaian passport]. Norwegian News Agency (in Norwegian) (Dagbladet). 1 October 2010. Retrieved 26 May 2012.
- Ibrahim Sannie (30 July 2011). "Ex-Norway U21 goalkeeper handed Ghana call-up". BBC Sport.
- "Ghana versus Nigeria friendly in Watford called off". BBC Sport. 9 August 2011.
- Michael Oti Adjei (13 August 2011). "Kwarasey wants to be Ghana's first choice keeper". BBC Sport.
- "Ghana/Swaziland: Gyan, Badu Inspire Black Stars to Home Win". All Africa. 2 September 2011.
- "Brazil 1-0 Ghana". BBC Sport. 5 September 2011.
- "Veteran keeper left out of Ghana's Nations Cup squad". BBC Sport. 15 December 2011. Retrieved 15 December 2011.
- Farayi Mungazi (31 December 2011). "Ghana goalkeeper Kwarasey adds to Ghana's clout". BBC Sport. Retrieved 31 December 2011.