Adam Mansbach at the 2013 Texas Book Festival.
|Notable works||Go the Fuck to Sleep|
Adam Mansbach (born July 1, 1976) is an American author, and has previously been a visiting writer and professor of literature at Rutgers University-Camden, with their New Voices Visiting Writers program (2009-2011). Mansbach wrote the "children's book for adults" Go the Fuck to Sleep. Other books Mansbach has written include Angry Black White Boy, a San Francisco Chronicle Best Book of 2005, and The End of the Jews (for which he won the California Book Award for fiction in 2008). Mansbach was the founding editor of the 1990s hip-hop journal Elementary. He lives in Berkeley, California and co-hosts a radio show, "Father Figures".
- Shackling Water (2003)
- Angry Black White Boy, Three Rivers Press/Random House (2005)
- The End of the Jews (2009)
- Rage is Back, Viking/Penguin (2013)
- The Dead Run, William Morrow/HarperCollins (2013)
- Go the Fuck to Sleep (2011)
- Seriously, Just Go To Sleep (2012)
- You Have to Fucking Eat (2014) ISBN 978-1617753787
- All The Words Past The Margins, in Born to Use Mics: Reading Nas's Illmatic. Edited by Michael Eric Dyson and Sohail Daulatzai (Basic Civitas Books, 2010)
- Wake the Fuck Up (2012)
- "Lit-Hop". Archived from the original on 5 December 2010. Retrieved 26 January 2013.
- "Adam Mansbach's biography page". Archived from the original on 7 July 2011. Retrieved 15 June 2011.
- Harmanci, Reyhan (12 May 2011). "'Go the F--- to Sleep': The Case of the Viral PDF". The Bay Citizen.
- Dyson, Michael Eric; Daulatzai, Sohail (2010). Born to Use Mics. Basic Civitas Books. p. 292. ISBN 978-0-465-00211-5. Retrieved July 8, 2013.
- Mansbach, Adam (2008). The end of the Jews : a novel. New York: Spiegel & Grau. ISBN 0-385-52044-1.
- Harmanci, Reyhan (28 April 2011). "A Whim, A Book, And, Wow!". New York Times. Retrieved 13 May 2011.
- "The California Book Award Winners 1931-2006" (PDF). Commonwealth Club of California. Retrieved 13 May 2011.
- "Father Figures KPFA Berkeley". Archived from the original on 17 May 2012. Retrieved 26 January 2013.
- "Book Review: 'The Dead Run' by Adam Mansbach". Seattle PI. Retrieved 20 November 2013.
- "THE DEAD RUN (review)". Boston Globe. Retrieved 20 November 2013.
- "Book Review: 'The Dead Run' by Adam Mansbach". FearNet. Retrieved 20 November 2013.
- "Review: The Dead Run". Publishers Weekly. Retrieved 20 November 2013.
- "Review: Dead Run". Booklist. Retrieved 20 November 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Adam Mansbach.|
- Adam Mansbach's website
- Down with fascist iPods - A Salon article by Mansbach.
- My Fake College Syllabus - A Salon article by Mansbach.
- Wake the F**k Up on YouTube - A political ad Mansbach wrote in the style of Go the Fuck to Sleep, performed by Samuel L. Jackson.
|This article about an American writer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|