Adam Morgan (English footballer)
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2012)|
Morgan in 2012
|Full name||Adam Joseph Morgan|
|Date of birth||21 April 1994|
|Place of birth||Liverpool, England|
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Current club||Yeovil Town|
|2013||→ Rotherham United (loan)||1||(0)|
|2013–2014||→ Yeovil Town (loan)||4||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 21:54, 18 February 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
A product of the Liverpool Youth Academy, Morgan garnered attention for his goalscoring exploits during the 2010–11 FA Premier Academy League Group C season. Morgan scored 18 goals in 16 games, making him Liverpool's leading goalscorer, including a run of scoring in each of 12 consecutive games towards the end of the season. Robbie Fowler commented that "as a finisher he is probably one of the best I’ve seen for a long, long time.”  Morgan's efficiency in front of goal brought him a debut for the Liverpool Reserves on 12 April 2011 against Bolton Wanderers, in which Morgan netted the only goal of the game.
On 1 July 2011, it was announced that Morgan had signed a contract extension at Anfield to keep him at the club until June 2014. In the 2011–12 season, Morgan split his time between the under 18s and the Reserves. The bulk of his appearances came for the under-18s where he again top-scored with 13 goals in 21 games. He appeared 17 times for the Reserves, netting five times- three of which came in nine NextGen Series games.
Morgan was taken on Liverpool's pre-season tour of the USA by new manager Brendan Rodgers in July 2012. On 21 July, Morgan scored his first senior goal for Liverpool in the friendly against Toronto FC, slotting in a goal-bound shot from Raheem Sterling. Morgan appeared in the second game of the tour against Roma, before being handed his first senior start against Tottenham Hotspur on 28 July 2012. On 23 August 2012, he made his senior debut for the club, coming on as an 90th minute substitute in a UEFA Europa League qualifying match against Hearts, replacing Fabio Borini in a 1–0 win. The following week, he started his first competitive match in the return fixture in which he had seemed to have scored his first official goal for Liverpool but it was ruled out as the ball had already gone out of play. On 19 September, Morgan was one of the clutch of teenagers to travel to Switzerland to play Young Boys in a Europa League group game, but didn't make the 18 man squad. On 8 November, Morgan started the group game loss against Anzhi Makhachkala, playing 61 minutes before being replaced by Daniel Pacheco. On 19 August, Morgan scored once in a 4-2 win against rivals Manchester United at the Salford City Stadium in an under 21's league game.
Rotherham United (loan)
On 3 January 2013, Morgan joined League Two side Rotherham United on loan to gain first team experience at the New York Stadium, being handed the number 11 shirt. It was confirmed that he would join on a youth loan until 9 February. He made his debut on 5 January 2013 against Aldershot in the FA Cup. His second and last Rotherham appearance came a week later, playing 56 minutes of the 2-0 league defeat to Barnet. He was replaced by Daniel Nardiello.
On 28 November 2013, Morgan signed for Football League Championship side Yeovil Town on loan until January with a view to a permanent deal in the new year. With the opening of the 2014 January transfer window Morgan's loan deal expired and he signed a two and a half year permanent contract with Yeovil Town.
Morgan has represented England at Under-17 and currently Under-19 level. He has been capped 17 times for the England national under-17 football team scoring four goals. He played at the 2011 FIFA U-17 World Cup in Mexico in which he scored one goal in a 2–2 draw with Canada in the group stages. He also scored in a penalty shootout in the Round of 16 against Argentina. England won the shootout 4–2 before losing 3–2 to Germany in the Quarter-finals.
He is currently in the U19 squad having been capped five times and scoring one goal.
|Club||Season||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Europe||Total|
|Rotherham United (loan)||
- A.. ^ Morgan made four appearances for Yeovil Town on loan from Liverpool before signing permanently in the January transfer window.
- "Adam Morgan". BBC Sport. BBC. Retrieved 30 August 2012.
- Carroll, James. "Trio sign new deals". Liverpool FC. Retrieved 28 August 2012.
- "Morgan strikes in Toronto draw". Retrieved 28 August 2012.
- "Liverpool – AS Roma: Statistics". Retrieved 28 August 2012.
- "Liverpool – Tottenham: Statistics". Liverpool FC. Retrieved 28 August 2012.
- "Own goal gives Reds advantage". ESPN Soccernet. 23 August 2012. Retrieved 23 August 2012.
- "Striker completes loan move". Liverpoolfc.com. 3 January 2013. Retrieved 3 January 2013.
- "Aldershot 3-1 Rotherham". BBC Sport. 5 January 2013. Retrieved 5 January 2013.
- "Morgan makes Yeovil switch". Liverpool F.C. 28 November 2013. Retrieved 28 November 2013.
- "Yeovil Town make Ismael Miller one of three new signings". BBC Sport. 28 November 2013. Retrieved 28 November 2013.
- "Adam Morgan: Yeovil sign teenage Liverpool striker". BBC Sport. 3 January 2014. Retrieved 5 January 2014.
- "Morgan joins Yeovil on permanent deal". Liverpool F.C. 3 January 2014. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Adam Morgan". uk.soccerway.com. Soccerway. Retrieved 30 August 2012.
- "Adam Morgan". soccerbase.com. Soccerbase. Retrieved 30 August 2012.
- "Games played by Adam Morgan in 2012/2013". Soccerbase. Retrieved 28 November 2013.
- "Games played by Adam Morgan in 2013/2014". Soccerbase. Retrieved 28 November 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Adam Morgan.|
- Adam Morgan career stats at Soccerbase
- Profile at liverpoolfc.com
- Profile at theFA.com
- LFC History Profile