|Birth name||Adam S. Plack|
|Origin||East Brighton, Australia|
|Occupation(s)||composer, musician, producer|
|Labels||Australian Music International, Rasa Music|
Adam Plack is an Australian-born didgeridoo player, composer and producer, originally from East Brighton in Melbourne. He moved to New York City in 1991 and has released four number of albums before moving into production and composition for meditation music together with Deepak Chopra.
Life and career
Plack comes from a family of classical musicians. He studied classical violin, piano, guitar, and voice from a young age. He also enjoyed the improvisations on his father's jazz records and eventually turned toward the Australian landscape for inspiration. Plack picked up the didgeridoo in the early 1990s and began his recording career together with Johnny "White Ant" Soames, releasing the album Dawn Until Dusk (Tribal Song And Didgeridoo) in 1992. The duo produced a second album, Winds of Warning two years later. He has also collaborated with David Gulpilil and other Aboriginal musicians.
Plack has performed and recorded under the name "Nomad," releasing two albums. The first one, Nomad (1994), was nominated for an ARIA Music Award for Best Album in the World Music category. The single "With You" from the Songman (1999) album, reached Number 2 on the Billboard Dance charts and won the 2001 ASCAP Rhythm and Soul Music Award. Since then he has worked largely on meditation music with Deepak Chopra, including A Gift of Love (1998), which consists of translations of the poems of Rumi. In 2002, Plack released the Coco De Mer album, a project of new-age interpretations of classical arias. Twice married, Plack currently lives in Los Angeles where he works as a life-coach.
- Nomad (1994) (Australian Music International)
- Songman (1999) (Australian Music International)
With Johnny (White Ant) Soames
- Dawn Until Dusk (Tribal Song and Digeridoo) (1992) (Australian Music International)
- Winds of Warning (1994) (Australian Music International)
- A Gift of Love: Deepak & Friends Present Music Inspired by the Love Poems of Rumi (1998) (Rasa Music)
- The Soul of Healing Meditations (2001) (Rasa Music)
- A Gift of Love II: Oceans of Ecstasy (2002) (Rasa Music)
- Chakra Balancing: Mind, Body and Soul (2004) (Rasa Music)
- Coco de Mer (2002) (Rasa Music)
- The Secret of Healing: Meditations for Transformation and Higher Consciousness (2011) (Play It By Ear Music)
- The Secret of Love: Meditations for Attracting and Being in Love (2011) (Play It By Ear Music)
- Buddha-Bar, Vol. 2 (2000)
- Rasa: Exotica (2001)
- The Best of Lounge Music (2002)
- Karma Collection (2002)
- Namaste Experience (2002)
- Je Nous Aime (2003)
- Rasa: Exotica II (2003)
- Rasa: Mello II (2003)
- Revive: Music to Restore Balance & Wellbeing (2005)
- Rasa: Exotica, Vol. 3 (2006)
- Rasa: Mello Vol. 3 (2006)
- Relax, Vol. 2: Sublime Music for Reading and Lounging (2006)
Film/television composer or contributor
- Undertow Didgeridoo for feature film score by Philip Glass (2004)
- Charlie's Angels "Belly" original song (2000)
- Perfume feature film score, directed by Michael Rymer (2001)
- Revolution TV film score, directed by Michael Rymer (2009)
- PERTOUT, ANDRIÁN (September 4, 2000). "Nomad: Songman". Pertout.com.
- Listing of the Dawn Until Dusk: Tribal Song And Didgeridoo album on Discogs.com, (accessed January 1, 2015).
- Listing of the Winds of Warning album on Discogs.com, (accessed January 1, 2015).
- Listing for the Nomad album on Discogs.com, (accessed January 1, 2015).
- Listing for the Songman album on Discogs.com, (accessed January 1, 2015).
- Listing of the Coco De Mer album on Discogs.com, (accessed January 1, 2015).
- Biography on the adamplackcoaching.com (2011) website, (accessed January 2, 2015).