|This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
Adam Pretty is a professional sports photographer from Sydney, Australia.
Pretty grew up in the eastern suburbs of Sydney and attended Sydney Boys High School where his interest in photography started and he developed his first skills in using a camera. After school Pretty worked as a freelance photographer and began his career by finally landing his first job with the Sydney Morning Herald in 1997. His desire to specialise in sport led to him joining Allsport (now Getty Images) in 1998, where he is still working. Pretty was one of the key photographers for Getty Images during the 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney, the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens and the 2012 Olympics Games in London. He has also worked as a sports photographer in Los Angeles, USA. After a short stint in Europe, he returned to Sydney and then worked in China for several years. Adam is currently working and living in Japan.
- World Press Photo - Sports Portfolio
- 1st Place Sports Stories/Portfolio 1999
- 2nd Place Sports Stories Action stories 2003
- 1st Place Sports Stories/Portfolio 2004
- 2nd Place Sports Stories/Portfolio 2005
- 1st Place Sports Stories/Portfolio 2011
- 2nd Place Sports Stories/Portfolio 2012.
- SSF World Sports Photo Contest: Special Photographers Award
- Pictures of the Year International - Sports Portfolio
- 1st Place Sports Portfolio 1998
- 1st Place Sports Portfolio 1999
- 1st Place Sports Portfolio 2000
- Walkley Award
- 1st Place News Photograph 1998
- 1st Place Sports Photography 2003
- 1st Place Photo Essay 2004
- Press Photographer of the year 2004
- IOC Best of Sport: 1997 Silver Lens.
- 2012 Canon AIPP Australian Professional Photographer of the Year