August 28, 1977 |
Adam Rayner, born in 28 August 1977 in Shrewsbury, is an English actor, who has appeared on television in Mistresses, At Home with the Braithwaites and Making Waves. He has also appeared on stage in The Rivals (Bristol Old Vic, 2004), Romeo and Juliet (Royal Shakespeare Theatre, 2006) and Much Ado About Nothing (Novello, 2006).
He made an appearance as 'Dr. Gail' in the 2010 Christmas Special 'The Perfect Christmas' episode of the award winning BBC sitcom Miranda alongside Sally Phillips, Miranda Hart, Tom Ellis, Sarah Hadland and Patricia Hodge, and his character returned in Series 3, Episode 4: Je Regret Nothing.
In November 2012, it was announced that Rayner was cast as Simon Templar in a pilot for a new television series based on the character. Principal photography began on Monday, December 17, 2012 in Pacific Palisades, California. Executive producer Roger Moore was unable to sell the pilot, and Rayner has since been cast as the lead in the FX television series, Tyrant, which débuted in June 2014.
Rayner's mother is American and father is British and also holds a Dual citizenship for the UK and the United States.
- Making Waves, TV Series, 2004
- The Line of Beauty as Ricky (1 episode, 2006)
- Love and Other Disasters, 2006 Movie
- Straightheads, 2007 Movie
- Sensitive Skin, 2007
- Doctor who episode The Unicorn and the Wasp, 2008
- Mistresses, 2008
- Hawthorne, as Dr. Steve Shaw
- Miranda as Dr. Gail (2 episodes, 2010 and 2013)
- The Task, 2011
- Dragon Age: Redemption (six-part web series), 2011
- Hunted, as Aidan Marsh 2012
- Tracers 2014
- The Whale as Captain Pollard 2014
- Tyrant as Bassam "Barry" Al-Fayeed 2014
- "Dr Gail returns to Series 3".
- Andreeva, Nellie (2012-12-10). "Eliza Dushku To Co-Star In ‘The Saint’ Backdoor Pilot, Roger Moore To Co-Produce". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2012-12-17.
- "Week One on the Set of The Saint". The Saint News. 2012-12-20. Retrieved 2012-12-31.
|This article about an English actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|