||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (February 2013)|
|Birth name||Adam Bryanbaum Wiltzie|
17 September 1969 |
New York City, New York, USA
|Occupation(s)||Musician, Composer, Sound Engineer|
|Labels||Erased Tapes, Kranky Records|
|Associated acts||Stars of the Lid, A Winged Victory For The Sullen, The Dead Texan, Aix Em Klemm, Sleepingdog|
Adam Bryanbaum Wiltzie (born September 17, 1969, New York City) is a composer and sound engineer. Although he may be best known for founding the seminal ambient classical projects Stars of the Lid, The Dead Texan, Aix Em Klemm, Sleepingdog and A Winged Victory for the Sullen, he also has recorded, played, and worked as a live sound engineer for artists such as The Flaming Lips, Mercury Rev, Labradford, Bedhead, The Bad Livers, Windsor for the Derby, Iron & Wine, Jóhann Jóhannsson, Hauschka and Sparklehorse. He has also composed and licensed music for Hollywood films such as Transformers: Dark of the Moon , Like Crazy , Submission, The Island President , and the trailer for Godzilla 2014 . 'Also for television shows such as House M.D, Nip/Tuck and Eastbound & Down. Most Recently collaborated with Jóhann Jóhannsson on the Golden Globe winning Theory of Everything (2014 film) Soundtrack.
Stars of the Lid (with Brian McBride)
Sleepingdog (with Chantal Acda)
- Naked in a Clean Bed (Muze, 2006)
- Polar Life (Gizeh, 2008)
- With Our Heads in the Clouds and Our Hearts in the Fields (Gizeh, 2011)
Aix Em Klemm (with Robert Donne)
The Dead Texan (with Christina Vantzou)
- The Dead Texan (Kranky, 2004)
- A Winged Victory for the Sullen (Erased Tapes, 2011)
- Atomos VII [EP] (Kranky, 2014)
- Atomos (Erased Tapes, 2014)
- Martinelli, Roberto (2004). "Stars of the Lid". Maelstrom magazine. Retrieved 2006-12-08.
- "Aix Em Klemm (interview)" (in French). brdf.net: musiques mutines et mutantes. March 2001. Retrieved 2006-12-08.
|This article on a United States composer born in the 20th century is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|