Adama Traoré (Spanish footballer)
Traoré playing for Barcelona B in 2012
|Full name||Adama Traoré Diarra|
|Date of birth||25 January 1996|
|Place of birth||L'Hospitalet, Spain|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 13 September 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in L'Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Catalonia to Malian descent, Adama joined FC Barcelona's youth setup in 2004 at the age of eight, after a brief period with neighbouring CE L'Hospitalet. In 2013 he was promoted to the B-team, and made his professional debut on 6 October, in a 0–1 away defeat against SD Ponferradina for the Segunda División championship.
On 23 November 2013, again as a late substitute, Adama played his first La Liga game at the age of only 17, replacing Neymar in the 4–0 home win over Granada CF. Three days later he made his first appearance in the UEFA Champions League, coming on for Cesc Fàbregas in the 82nd minute of a 1–2 loss at AFC Ajax for the group stage.
- As of 13 September 2014
- "Mis padres llegaron de Mali en los 80. Yo soy de Barcelona..." ("My parents arrived from Mali in the 80s. I am from Barcelona..."); Diario AS, 24 February 2012 (Spanish)
- Adama Traore, juvenil de primer año, puede ser la gran novedad del Barça B el sábado (Adama Traore, first-year juvenil, may be Barça B surprise Saturday); Sport, 4 April 2013 (Spanish)
- Ponferradina – Barça B: Un penalti condena al filial (1–0) (Ponferradina – Barça B: Penalty condemns reserves (1–0)); Barcelona's official website, 6 October 2013 (Spanish)
- Granada pay the penalty; ESPN FC, 23 November 2013
- Ajax claim Barcelona scalp to stay in contention; UEFA.com, 26 November 2013
- "Barca’s Adama Traore to play for Mali". Super Sport. 17 February 2014. Retrieved 18 February 2014.
- "Adama Traoré". Soccerway. Retrieved 22 June 2014.