Adams, Adams County, Wisconsin
- There are also other towns named Adams in Wisconsin.
|• Total||50.6 sq mi (131.0 km2)|
|• Land||50.3 sq mi (130.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.3 sq mi (0.8 km2)|
|Elevation||971 ft (296 m)|
|• Density||27/sq mi (10.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||1582654|
Adams is a town in Adams County in the U.S. state of Wisconsin. The population was 1,345 at the 2010 census. The city of Adams is located within the town. The ghost town of Adams Center was also located in the town.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 50.6 square miles (131.0 km2), of which 50.3 square miles (130.2 km2) is land and 0.31 square miles (0.8 km2), or 0.62%, is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,267 people, 547 households, and 363 families residing in the town. The population density was 25.1 people per square mile (9.7/km²). There were 856 housing units at an average density of 16.9 per square mile (6.5/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 97.55% White, 0.32% Black or African American, 0.71% Native American, 0.32% Asian, 0.63% from other races, and 0.47% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.66% of the population.
There were 547 households out of which 22.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 53.6% were married couples living together, 7.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 33.6% were non-families. 27.1% of all households were made up of individuals and 11.9% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.32 and the average family size was 2.75.
In the town the population was spread out with 21.1% under the age of 18, 7.3% from 18 to 24, 27.0% from 25 to 44, 27.6% from 45 to 64, and 17.0% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 42 years. For every 100 females there were 102.7 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 101.6 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $34,286, and the median income for a family was $38,482. Males had a median income of $32,171 versus $22,188 for females. The per capita income for the town was $18,225. About 4.9% of families and 9.0% of the population were below the poverty line, including 8.4% of those under age 18 and 14.4% of those age 65 or over.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Adams town, Adams County, Wisconsin". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- Adams-Friendship website
- The Taylor Brothers Photographs: A digital resource presenting images that document early 20th century Adams County, Wisconsin. Materials held by the Murphy Library at the University of Wisconsin–La Crosse and presented online by the University of Wisconsin Digital Collections Center.