Adams Shore is a neighborhood of Quincy, Massachusetts. It is located on the shore of Quincy Bay at the entrance to the Hough's Neck peninsula. It is bordered on the north by Quincy Bay, on the east by the Hough's Neck neighborhood, on the south by Town River Bay and on the west by the Merrymount neighborhood. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, in 2000 the population of Adams Shore was just over 1,500.
Adams Shore was started as a real estate development for resort homes in the 1890s. It is situated on land formerly belonging to the Adams family, which included two former presidents of the United States, John Adams and John Quincy Adams. The neighborhood evolved into a traditional neighborhood of family homes.
- Quincy, Massachusetts official site: http://www.quincyma.gov
- United State Geological Survey Geographic Names Information Service:614037 Adams Shore
- "Block Group 5, Census Tract 4178.01, Norfolk County, Massachusetts". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2009-06-21.
- "Quincy Neighborhoods". City of Quincy. Retrieved 2009-06-21.
- Lambert, Lane (May 2007). "Adams's name used everywhere". The Patriot Ledger. Retrieved 2009-06-21.
- "MBTA Schedules and Maps". Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority. Retrieved 2009-06-21.
|This Norfolk County, Massachusetts geography–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|