Adams Township, Defiance County, Ohio
|Adams Township, Defiance County, Ohio|
|• Total||35.6 sq mi (92.3 km2)|
|• Land||35.6 sq mi (92.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||735 ft (224 m)|
|• Density||28.0/sq mi (10.8/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086029|
Located in the northeastern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Ridgeville Township, Henry County - north
- Freedom Township, Henry County - northeast corner
- Napoleon Township, Henry County - east
- Flatrock Township, Henry County - southeast corner
- Richland Township - south
- Noble Township - southwest corner
- Tiffin Township - west
- Springfield Township, Williams County - northwest corner
No municipalities are located in Adams Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- census, Defiance County. Accessed 2007-04-21
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Archived from the original on 16 March 2007. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.
- DeLorme. Ohio Atlas & Gazetteer. 7th ed. Yarmouth: DeLorme, 2004, p. 35. ISBN 0-89933-281-1.