Adamson University College of Education
|Adamson University College of Education|
Kolehiyo ng Edukasyon
|Dean||Dr. Servillano T. Marquez Jr.|
|Location||Ermita, Manila, Philippines|
Within the context of the University mission statement and objectives, the College of Education prepares the students academically and professionally to teach in the different public and private elementary and secondary schools in the Philippines. The program of studies considers the basic ideas, questions, and concerns underlying education as a personal, lifelong phenomenon, and as an institutional commitment to all members of society. Other aspects of the program include the gaining of concept mastery, skill development, and competency achievement as well as broadening of insights into the nuances and developments of education. These experiences provide the students with added capabilities to function effectively in a wide variety of professional positions not only in the educational field but in other service-oriented institutions as well.
There are two degree programs offered: The Bachelor of Science in Education (BSE) which offers major and minor areas of specialization in Economics, English, History, Pilipino, Mathematics, General Science, Biology, and Chemistry; and the Bachelor of Elementary Education (BEED).
Student-teachers get their off-campus training in selected secondary and elementary schools in the Greater Manila Area. As part of a Vincentian institution whose patron, St. Vincent de Paul, is a man of Christ-like simplicity and a distinguished apostle of charity, the College emphasizes the formation of a correct conscience in the students regarding the practice of charity, social responsibility, and justice.
The College of Education is envisioned as a progressive unit of the University, responsible for the development of mature Christians, responsible citizens, and competent, well-rounded educators.
The College of Education commits itself to the provision of moral academic leadership and the responsibility of safeguarding the welfare and the total formation of students under its trusteeship in order to attain the aforecited vision.
In consonance, with the national development goals and the University's vision and mission, the College of Education aims to pursue the following specific objectives:
1. Provide the right venue for the total development of students into becoming competent, responsible, and effective Christian leaders and educators;
2. Train the prospective teachers in different major areas to skillfully promote effective transfer of learning to the youth through the use of appropriate teaching strategies and techniques; and
3. Harness the varied talents and skills of students for them to become useful in enhancing the transformation of consistently effective and sensitive to the various needs of others and the demands of the situation, either locally or globally.
- B.E.E.D. with Specialization to Special Education
- B.S.E.D. Major in English
- B.S.E.D. Major in Filipino
- B.S.E.D. Major in Mathematics
- B.S.E.D. Major in Music, Arts,Physical Education & Health
- B.S.E.D. Major in Social Studies