Addingham railway station
The site of Addingham railway station, now Old Station Fisheries.
|Area||City of Bradford|
|Post-grouping||London, Midland and Scottish Railway|
|16 May 1888||Opened|
|22 March 1965||Closed to passengers|
|Disused railway stations in the United Kingdom|
|Closed railway stations in Britain
A B C D–F G H–J K–L M–O P–R S T–V W–Z
|UK Railways portal|
Opened by the Midland Railway, it became part of the London, Midland and Scottish Railway during the Grouping of 1923. Passing on to the Eastern Region of British Railways on nationalisation in 1948, it was then closed by the British Railways Board as part of the Beeching Axe in March 1965. It was demolished several years later and the site is now a housing estate. The bridge and abutments have also been demolished, but an embankment remains.
There are plans in the future to extend the Embsay and Bolton Abbey Steam Railway back to Addingham to a replica LMS style station on the embankment a few metres near the original station site on a rebuilt bridge abutment.
The picture showing Addingham Station Fisheries is where the railway bridge crossed Addingham Main Street. The actual Addingham station was about 200yards further up the road on the left hand side. Although houses have now been built over the site of the station, the original goods yard is still used as an entrance drive to the houses built there and some of the old boundary walls still exist from the Victoria Terrace side.
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 1-8526-0508-1. OCLC 60251199.
- Jowett, Alan (2000). Jowett's Nationalised Railway Atlas (1st ed.). Penryn, Cornwall: Atlantic Transport Publishers. ISBN 0-9068-9999-0. OCLC 228266687.
- Jowett, Alan (March 1989). Jowett's Railway Atlas of Great Britain and Ireland: From Pre-Grouping to the Present Day (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 1-8526-0086-1. OCLC 22311137.
- Station on navigable O.S. map
- Bolton Abbey to Addingham on the Embsay website
- Addingham Station on the Embsay website
- Sustrans plan involving the trackbed
|Preceding station||Disused railways||Following station|
|Bolton Abbey||Midland Railway
Skipton to Ilkley Line