Addison Township, Gallia County, Ohio
|Addison Township, Ohio|
Municipalities and townships of Gallia County
|• Total||27.6 sq mi (71.4 km2)|
|• Land||27.3 sq mi (70.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.2 sq mi (0.6 km2)|
|Elevation||728 ft (222 m)|
|• Density||86.6/sq mi (33.5/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086132|
Located in the northeastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Cheshire Township - north
- Gallipolis Township - south
- Green Township - southwest corner
- Springfield Township - west
- Morgan Township - northwest corner
It is located upstream of four of Gallia County's five other Ohio River townships.
No municipalities are located in Addison Township.
Name and history
It is the only Addison Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Gallia County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.