Addison Whitney (consultants)
Addison Whitney is a branding company headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina. The brand consultancy was founded in 1991, and has additional offices in New York City, Seattle, San Francisco and Munich. The company serves a wide range of clients across the healthcare, technology, consumer, financial, hospitality and business to business industries. Addison Whitney created product names such as "Outlook" for Microsoft, "Kissables" for Hershey and "Escalade" for Cadillac.
Addison Whitney was founded in 1991 as a branding agency focused on brand name development. Core offerings include brand strategy consultants, visual designers and market research analysts. The firm was acquired by Interpublic in 1995. In 1998 Addison Whitney's management team decided to take the firm private. Shortly after Addison Whitney's Healthcare focused practice was established. On June 1, 2007 inVentiv Health acquired Addison Whitney as part of their communications division.
AW Helping Hands
In 2008, Addison Whitney founded AW Helping Hands, a company-wide volunteer initiative. As part of the corporate social responsibility campaign the AW Helping Hands team encourages Addison Whitney employees to participate in community service projects.
- "What's in a Name? Addison Whitney Helps Tech Firms Find the Answer". Local Tech Wire. 2002-09-11.
- "How to Create a Brand Name That Sells". The Street. 2009-12-03.
- "Addison Whitney launches Net practice" CNET News. 1999-08-16.
- "THE MEDIA BUSINESS: ADVERTISING -- ADDENDA;Interpublic Acquires Addison Whitney" The New York Times. 1995-12-7.
- "FORM 10-K / INVENTIV HEALTH, INC. United States Securities and Exchange Commission.
- "CSR: Take Responsibility" Marketing News. 2010-05-30.