|Born||1953 (age 60–61)|
|Alma mater||Harvard University
University of Oxford
|Employer||Credit Suisse First Boston|
Mr. Ogunlesi was born to the family of Prof. & Mrs. T.O Ogunlesi of Makun, Sagamu Ogun State Nigeria. His father is the first Nigerian professor of medicine. Mr. Ogunlesi attended Kings College Lagos, Nigeria after which he received his B.A. with first class honors in Philosophy, Politics and Economics, from Oxford University, his J.D. magna cum laude, from Harvard Law School and his M.B.A. from the Harvard Business School.
Adebayo Ogunlesi is currently Chairman and Managing Partner of Global Infrastructure Partners, a $15 billion joint venture whose initial investors included Credit Suisse and General Electric. He is also a member of the Board of Directors of Goldman Sachs. Prior to his current role, he was Executive Vice Chairman and Chief Client Officer of Credit Suisse, based in New York. He previously served as a member of Credit Suisse’s Executive Board and Management Council and chaired the Chairman’s Board. Previously, he was the Global Head of Investment Banking at Credit Suisse. Since joining Credit Suisse in 1983, Mr. Ogunlesi has advised clients on strategic transactions and financings in a broad range of industries and has worked on transactions in North and South America, the Caribbean, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia. In 2009, Global Infrastructure Partners acquired the majority in London Gatwick Airport in a deal worth £1.455 billion.
Prior to joining Credit Suisse, Mr. Ogunlesi was an attorney in the corporate practice group of the New York law firm of Cravath, Swaine & Moore. From 1980-81 he served as a law clerk to Associate Justice Thurgood Marshall of the United States Supreme Court.
Ogunlesi is a member of the District of Columbia Bar Association. He was a lecturer at Harvard Law School and the Yale School of Organization and Management, where he taught a course on transnational investment projects in emerging countries.
He is married to an optometrist Dr. Amelia Quist-Ogunlesi.
Awards and honors
Recipient of The International Center in New York's Award of Excellence.
- Sean Gregory (2002-12-31). "2002 Global Influentials -- ADEBAYO OGUNLESI CSFB's Global Banking Chief". Time Magazine online. Archived from the original on 30 May 2007. Retrieved 2007-05-18. "Ogunlesi ... studied ... at Oxford and then earned law and business degrees from Harvard."
- Fungayi Tichawona Kapungu; Kaniaru Wacieni (2004-12-13). "Adebayo Ogunlesi (HBS '79) honored by Harvard African Alumni". The Harbus. Retrieved 2007-05-18. "Mr. Adebayo O. Ogunlesi (HLS/HBS '79), was honored by the Harvard African Students' Alumni Network ... for "consistent and superior performance in his professional career."[dead link]
- "CSFB Names Tony James Chairman of Global Investment Banking and Private Equity". 2002-02-20. Retrieved 2007-05-18. "Adebayo Ogunlesi has been named Head of Global Investment Banking. ... Mr. Ogunlesi will ... serve on the Firm's Executive Board and Operating Committee."
- "CSFB Repositions Top Exec". Black Enterprise". 2004-11-04. Archived from the original on 2007-09-28. Retrieved 2007-05-18. "Adebayo "Bayo" Ogunlesi, was moved in August from his post as head of investment banking and appointed the company's new chief client officer and executive vice chairman."
- "Goldman Sachs – Leadership – Board of Directors". Goldman Sachs. Retrieved 8 August 2013.