|Preceded by||Clement Awoyelu|
|Succeeded by||Festus Olabode Ola|
|Political party||People's Democratic Party (PDP)|
Adefemi Kila was elected to the National Senate for the Ekiti Central constituency in 2007. He was appointed to the Senate Committee on Works, and was chairman of the sub-committee for projects in the North-Central and South-West regions. In October 2008 he defended the Federal Roads Maintenance Agency in Benue State, blaming problems on poor funding.
In May 2008, he was among four senators on the screening committee who appeared to be delaying the assumption of office by the nominated Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mrs. Farida Mzamber Waziri.
On June 30, 2009, the Court of Appeal quashed his election and declared the Action Congress candidate, Bode Ola, the lawful winner of the April 2007 poll. A deciding factor was that 19,000 of the ballots cast for Chief Kila had the same serial number. The election of Kila's former colleague in Ekita state, Senator Ayo Arise, was also challenged in court that month and a re-run was ordered.
Soon after Kila was ousted from the senate, Ekiti State Governor Segun Oni nominated Kila as the state’s candidate for chairman of the Universal Basic Education Commission. However, it was later decided that he was not qualified for this job.
- "On the Sack of Senator Kila". Daily Independent (Lagos). 6 July 2009. Retrieved 2009-09-19.
- "Senate Pledges More Roads". Nigerian Observer. 31 October 2008. Retrieved 2009-09-19.
- "Senate Committee Commends Ferma's Job in Benue". Daily Trust. 29 October 2008. Retrieved 2009-09-19.
- "Waziri - 4 Panel Members Stall Presentation of Report". This Day. 29 May 2008. Retrieved 2009-09-19.
- "Justice For AC Man". Independent Communications Network. July 6, 2009. Retrieved 2009-09-19.
- "The house that spittle built". The Nation. 5/07/2009. Retrieved 2009-09-19.
- "UBEC chair: Presidency drops ex-Senator Kila". the Nation. 2009-08-27. Retrieved 2009-09-19.
|This article about a Nigerian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|