Adelitas Way at Uproar Festival 2012 DeJesus (Far left), Zakaryan (Right)
|Origin||Las Vegas, Nevada, US|
|Genres||Alternative metal, hard rock, post-grunge|
|Past members||Chris Iorio
Adelitas Way (2009−2010)
The band began working on their debut album in late 2008. As 2009 approached, bassist Derek Johnston and guitarist Keith Wallen joined Adelitas Way, completing the original line up. On April 17, 2009 they released their first single "Invincible". They broke into mainstream after the song's numerous television appearances. "Invincible" was the official theme song for WWE Superstars on WGN America as well as being featured in the Smackdown vs. Raw 2010 video game, MTV as well as the CSI Miami Finale. They also wrote a song called "It's A New Day" which was the theme song for WWE The Legacy from June 15, 2009 – September 13, 2010.
On July 14, 2009, their self-titled album was released. As of 2013, the band has toured with Shinedown, Guns N' Roses, Creed, 10 Years, Chevelle, Papa Roach, Godsmack, Theory of a Deadman, Seether, Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Deftones, Trapt, Puddle of Mudd, Sick Puppies, Staind, Alter Bridge, Skillet, Halestorm, and others. Less than five months after their first album was released guitarist Chris Iorio left the band for personal reasons. Shortly after the band replaced Iorio with guitarist Creighton Bibbs for the remaining of the tour. On February 23, 2010, their second single "Last Stand" was released. Their song "Scream" was featured as a soundtrack for Saw 3D in October 2010.
Home School Valedictorian (2011−2012)
On January 31, 2011, the band revealed their second album Home School Valedictorian. The album was originally planned to be released on May 17 but was pushed to June 7. Before the band released the album they recruited Robert Zakaryan as the band's newest lead guitarist. Adelitas Way's first single off the second album Home School Valedictorian, "Sick", was released on March 11, 2011. It reached No. 1 at Active Rock Radio that summer becoming the band's first No. 1 single. It was followed up by "The Collapse" on late August that same year which hit No. 2 at active rock radio. On February 16, 2012 "Criticize" was released as the 3rd single off Home School Valedictorian, and reached No. 1 on the active rock chart, becoming the bands second No. 1 single from Home School Valedictorian. "Alive" was announced as the fourth and final single from Home School Valedictorian, released on August 13, 2012 and reached No. 4 on the U.S active Rock chart in spring of 2013.
Writing began at the very end of 2012 and continued through July 2013. On May 7, 2013, guitarist Keith Wallen revealed through his Facebook page that he was leaving the band to pursue his own personal goals. In late July, it was announced that Grammy Award winning rock producer Nick Raskulinecz would be producing their third album. Recording began in early September at Rock Falcon Studio in Nashville, Tennessee. Their first single off of the new album - "Dog on a Leash" was released on April 8, 2014 followed by a music video. Dog on a Leash reached the top 10 at Active rock and reached No. 7 on the chart. On May 9, 2014, the new record was revealed to be titled Stuck and was released on July 29, 2014 through Virgin Records/CMG. On August 15, 2014, it was officially announced that "Save the World" would be the second single off the album and was released on September 12, 2014.
Deserve This (EP) and 4th Album (2015-Present)
On January 14, 2015 the band announced the release of a new single, a 5 song EP, and a full-length album. On January 26, the band launched their Pledge Music Campaign and released a promotional single "Deseve This" off the EP. On February 5, 2015 the band announced that the new EP will be titled "Deserve This". In an interview Rick DeJesus revealed the new single from the EP titled "I Get Around". On February 12, "I Get Around" was released on the band's Pledge Music Campaign for exclusive download. The new album is rumored to be titled "Alive" and is expected to come out this Summer.
Style and Influences
Adelitas Way's musical style ranges from a combination of 1970s indie funk and 1990s hard rock with band influences like Nirvana, Guns N' Roses, Foo Fighters, Metallica, Incubus, Stone Temple Pilots, Rage Against the Machine, Audioslave, and Soundgarden.
- Rick DeJesus - lead vocals (2006–present)
- Trevor "Tre" Stafford - drums, percussion (2007–present)
- Robert Zakaryan - lead guitar, backing vocals (2011–present)
- Andrew Cushing - bass, backing vocals (2014–present)
- Chris Iorio - lead guitar (2007–2009)
- Creighton Bibbs - lead guitar (2009)
- Keith Wallen - rhythm guitar, backing vocals (2009–2013)
- Derek Johnston - bass (2009–2013)
- Deserve This EP (2015)
- "Adelitas Way’s Biography – Free listening, concerts, stats, & pictures at". Last.fm. January 15, 2013. Retrieved September 24, 2013.
- "Adelitas Way: Information from". Answers.com. July 14, 2009. Retrieved September 24, 2013.
- "Adelitas Way Tour Dates 2014 , Adelitas Way Concert Tickets 2014". Concertboom. Retrieved September 24, 2013.
- "iTunes - Music - Stuck (Deluxe Version) by Adelitas Way". Itunes.apple.com. Retrieved May 24, 2014.
- "Instagram". Instagram. Retrieved May 24, 2014.
- "Adelitas Way Reveal New Album Title + Artwork". Www.loudwire.com. May 9, 2014. Retrieved May 24, 2014.
- "Concert Review: Adelitas Way at Vamp'd Vegas in Las Vegas, NV on 28-Feb-2014 | Iconic Rock-n-Roll Photography, Artist Interviews, and Music Reviews". Nationalrockreview.com. Retrieved May 24, 2014.
- "Adelitas Way: New Album on PledgeMusic". Retrieved February 19, 2015.