Adelphia, New Jersey
|Adelphia, New Jersey|
|Elevation||98 ft (30 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||0874260|
Prior to the community adapting its name from the Greek word for 'brotherhood' (adelphia), the area was previously known as Turkey. The only remnants of Turkey happen to lie within the title of a nearby county park, Turkey Swamp Park.
Geography and demographics
The community of Adelphia has a total area of 35.41 km² (22 mi²) and a population of 17,000 (est.) people. The area is composed of various portions of Howell Township, New Jersey, and reaches into portions of Colts Neck Township, Farmingdale, and Freehold Township.
Adelphia is the home of the Talmudical Academy of Central New Jersey, Howell Memorial Middle School and Adelphia School. Students from K-5 attend Adelphia School, students from 6-8 attend Howell Memorial Middle School, and students from 9-12 either attend Howell High School, Freehold Township High School or Colts Neck High School, depending on their location within the district.
The climate in this area is characterized by hot, humid summers and generally mild to cool winters. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Adelphia has a humid subtropical climate, abbreviated "Cfa" on climate maps.
- Look Up a ZIP Code for Adelphia, NJ, United States Postal Service. Accessed August 26, 2013.
- Zip Codes, State of New Jersey. Accessed August 26, 2013.
- "Adelphia". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2012-09-24.
- Locality Search, State of New Jersey. Accessed February 16, 2015.
- Adelphia Fire Company
- New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station
- Monmouth County Bus / Rail connections, New Jersey Transit, backed up by the Internet Archive as of July 26, 2010. Accessed July 29, 2012.
- Climate Summary for Adelphia, New Jersey