|Full name||Aden Flint|
|Date of birth||11 July 1989|
|Place of birth||Pinxton, England|
|Height||1.97 m (6 ft 5 1⁄2 in)|
|Current club||Bristol City|
|2008–2009||→ Matlock Town (loan)||8||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 19:04, 3 March 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Aden Flint (born 11 July 1989) is an English professional footballer for Bristol City, who plays as a defender. Flint was previously with Swindon Town and before that Alfreton Town and has represented England C national football team.
Flint spent three months of his debut season at Alfreton on loan with Northern Premier League Premier Division side Matlock Town. The adverse weather prevented Flint from playing many games but the central defender scored in the 5–0 victory over Leigh Genesis in January 2010. The following month saw Flint play in the 1–1 draw against Ilkeston Town, and scored an own goal in the 2–0 loss at Whitby Town. On 26 February 2009, Matlock manager Mark Atkins confirmed that Flint was among three players to have departed the club along with goalkeeper Andy Richmond and forward Simon Barraclough.
Flint spent the rest of his Alfreton career within its first team set-up helping reach the Play-Offs during the 2009–10 season. He impressed many visiting scouts with bids being turned down from Derby County, Luton Town and ten other clubs according to Alfreton chairman, Wayne Bradley.
In January 2010, Colchester United manager John Ward confirmed that his club had been in talks with Flint over a move to the Essex club. Ward also announced that Flint was scheduled to travel to Wiltshire the next day to discuss a possible move with Swindon Town with Danny Wilson.
Days later Swindon Town announced the signing of Flint on a two-and-a-half year contract and was issued the number 16 shirt which had been recently made available after the departure of on-loan Manchester City forward David Ball.
In March 2011, Flint returned to Alfreton Town on a loan until the end of the 2010–11 season. New Swindon manager Paul Hart was impressed with Flint's attitude in training but had decided to select more experienced players such as Andy Frampton instead. Upon rejoining Alfreton, Flint was immediately handed the captaincy and led the club to promotion from the Conference North.
On 6 August 2011, Flint scored his first goal against Crewe Alexandra. He was a consistent performer in Town's 2011–12 title winning season. Flint scored twice in a 3–0 win against Stevenage at the County Ground on 20 April. The victory secured Swindon's place in the 2012–13 League One play-off.
Flint signed for Bristol City on 11 June 2013 for a fee of £300,000. Due to a sell on clause his previous club Alfreton Town received 20% of the fee (£60,000). He made his debut on 3 August in a 2–2 draw against Bradford City at Ashton Gate. He scored his first goal for the club on 21 September in a 3–2 defeat to former club Swindon Town. On 8 February, he scored his second goal for the club in a 1–1 draw against Oldham Athletic. He scored again in the following game three days later in a 3-1 win against Leyton Orient.
Flint's form at Alfreton Town during the early 2010–11 campaign earned him his first international call-up when Paul Fairclough named his within his 16-man England C squad for the friendly with Wales national semi-professional football team. He played the first 45 minutes in the 2–2 draw at Latham Park in Newtown, Wales.
Flint was capped for a second and final time in October, 2010 when he played the entire 90 minutes of England C's 1–0 away win at the Kadriorg Stadium, Tallinn against an Estonia U-23's in the International Challenge Trophy.
- League Two Team of the Week (4): 17 October 2011, 23 January 2012, 14 April 2012, 30 April 2012
- Rollin, Glenda; Rollin, Jack, eds. (2012). Sky Sports Football Yearbook 2012–2013 (43rd ed.). London: Headline. p. 540. ISBN 978-0-7553-6356-8.
- "Players Archive: Aden Flint". Alfreton Town. 4 February 2011. Retrieved 4 February 2011.
- "Matlock Town v Leigh Genesis". Matlock Town. 24 January 2009. Retrieved 4 February 2011.
- "Matlock Town 1–1 Ilkeston Town". Matlock Town. 14 February 2009. Retrieved 4 February 2011.
- "21st February 2009: Whitby Town 2–0 Matlock Town". Whitby Town. 21 February 2009. Retrieved 4 February 2011.
- "Latest News – 26/02/09". Alfreton Town. 26 February 2009. Retrieved 4 February 2011.
- "Flint set for County Ground". Swindon Advertiser. 21 January 2011. Retrieved 4 February 2011.
- "Boss Eyes Defender Flint". Colchester United F.C. 25 January 2011. Retrieved 4 February 2011.
- "Flint Completes Town Switch". Swindon Town F.C. 27 January 2011. Retrieved 4 February 2011.
- "Flint re-joins Alfreton on loan to bolster their title hopes". This is Nottingham. 24 March 2011,. Retrieved 29 April 2011.
- "Aden Flint: Bristol City sign Swindon Town defender". BBC Sport. Retrieved 12 June 2013.
- "Bristol City 2–2 Bradford City" BBC Sport. 3 August 2013. Retrieved 5 February 2014.
- "Swindon Town 3–2 Bristol City" BBC Sport. 21 September 2013. Retrieved 5 February 2014.
- "Oldham Athletic 1–1 Bristol City" BBC Sport. 8 February 2014. Retrieved 10 February 2014.
- "Leyton Orient 1-3 Bristol City" BBC Sport. 11 February 2014. Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- "Fairclough's food for thought". The FA. 15 September 2010. Retrieved 4 February 2011.
- "England C into ICT semis". The FA. 12 October 2010. Retrieved 4 February 2011.
- "England C". The FA. 12 October 2010. Archived from the original on 24 December 2010. Retrieved 4 February 2011.