|Directed by||Paruchuri Murali|
|Produced by||M. L. Padma Kumar Chowdhary|
|Written by||Paruchuri Murali|
|Music by||Kalyani Malik|
|Cinematography||T. Surender Reddy|
|Edited by||Kotagiri Venkateswara Rao|
Sree Keerthi Creations
|Distributed by||Reliance Entertainment
BlueSky Cinemas (USA)
|Budget||₹28 crore (US$4.4 million)|
Adhinayakudu is a 2012 Telugu film written and directed by Parachuri Murali. The film is produced by M. L. Padma Kumar Chowdhary under his Sree Keerthi Creations banner. The film stars Nandamuri Balakrishna, Lakshmi Rai, Saloni and Jayasudha in lead roles. The soundtrack of the film was composed by Kalyani Malik and Vijay Kumar has done the camera work. Balakrishna has played three different roles as a grandfather, father and grandson for the first time on celluloid screen. The movie was later dubbed in Hindi under the title "The Action Man Adhinayakudu" by Goldminestelefilms. Adhinayakudu was made with a lavish budget of ₹28 crore (US$4.4 million).
Harischandra Prasad (Nandamuri Balakrishna) is an influential leader in Rayalaseema and he treats all his people as his children. To provide jobs to them, he decides to build a huge steel plant with the assistance of foreign collaborators. But Ramappa (Pradeep Rawat) and his assistant (Kota Srinivasa Rao) oppose this. They hatch a plan to eliminate him. His son Ramakrishna (Nandamuri Balakrishna) thwart the villain's plans. But the story takes a cruel twist as the villains strike at the heart of the family by using Bobby (Nandamuri Balakrishna). When Bobby was a small Kid the villains kidnap him and threaten Ramakrishna to leave his father and save Bobby. Although Harischandra Prasad has no love on Ramakrishna, he loved his father and for fulfilling his father's wishes he stands protecting and Bobby is said to be escaped from the house. But Ramappa and his followers make Bobby a professional killer at the age of 12 by another killer (Charanraj) and use him to kill Harischandra Prasad. The whole family except Ramakrishna and his step-brother (Rahman) is unaware that Bobby killed Harischandra Prasad.
Now Bobby is an adult and is a high profile professional killer and returns to his land with the help of his newly found friend Deepu (Lakshmi Rai) who share mutual love interest. His mission in short is to protect his father from Ramappa. In this process it is revealed to the family members of Harischandra Prasad and the people that Bobby killed Harischandra Prasad and Moreover the antagonists frame Ramakrishna as the man behind the Death of Harischandra. Frustrated and deeply hurt by this, Ramakrishna's Step Mother (Jayasudha) and wife (Sukanya) and the people expel the both and police arrest them and take them away for a secret encounter by Ramappa. Seeing this all, Ramakrishna's step brother, who was paralysed earlier in attempt to catch Bobby during the murder of Harischandra, springs back to life and reveals the whole truth to his family and the people. Meanwhile Ramkrishna and Bobby team up and kill all the frods and enemies together. Later Ramakrishna's step mother apologises for the ill treatment by her and orders him to fulfill his dead father's wishes.
- Nandamuri Balakrishna as Harishchandra Prasad/Rama Krishna Prasad/Bobby (Triple role)
- Lakshmi Rai as Deepti
- Jayasudha as Lakshmi
- Saloni as Shravani
- Pradeep Rawat as Ramappa
- Adithya as Ramappa's brother
- Kota Srinivasa Rao as politician
- Venu Madhav as petty thief
- Brahmanandam as Bramhi
- Charanraj as professional killer
- M. S. Narayana
- Sabbah as a Secretary
- Rahman as Rama Krishna Prasad's brother
- Murali Sharma as police officer
- Action – Ram – Laxman
- Presents – Sandeep
The film was released on 1 June 2012 worldwide after so many postponements. Adhinayakudu was made with a lavish budget of ₹ 28 crores Reliance entertainment was Co-producer and distributor of the film.
Film was critically panned by many reviewers for its lack of fresh ideas and presentation. It was viewed as a rehash of many of Balakrishna's previous movies. Critics at the "Teluguone" website are the only one to give an above average rating of 3.5/5 for the film. The Times of India website gave an average rating of 2.5/5 for the film. The CNN-IBN website stated that "Adhinayakudu doesn't deserve any special mention due to its tried and tested old storyline". The NDTV Movies website stated that "Ironically, Adhinayakudu is a travesty of a film". The "SuperGoodMovies" website also gave an average rating of 2.5/5 for the film.
|Soundtrack album by Kalyani Malik|
|Released||8 March 2012|
|Kalyani Malik chronology|
The audio of the film was released through Aditya Music label without any audio launch event on 8 March 2012. The soundtrack of the film was composed by Kalyani Malik and it consists of six songs. Lyrics for the five songs were penned by Bhaskarabhatla and one song was written by Ramajogayya Sastry.
|1.||"Olammi Ammi"||Bhaskarabhatla||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, Rita||4:30|
|2.||"Guruda Itu Raaraa"||Bhaskarabhatla||Mano, Rita||4:11|
|4.||"Mast Jawani"||Ramajogayya Sastry||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, Chaitra Ambadipudi||3:53|
|5.||"Andam Aakumadi"||Bhaskarabhatla||Mano, Neha||3:49|
- VCDs and DVDs on - Santosh Videos, Hyderabad
- B.V.S., Prakash. "Reliance comes to T'town". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 19 August 2012.
- "News : Adhinayakudu in US by BlueSky". Telugucinema.com. Retrieved 2012-11-17.
- "'Adhinayakudu' to have lot of masala and politics". CNN-IBN. Retrieved 24 May 2012.
- "Adhinayakudu movie Review and rating". esoftwall.com. May 2012.
- "Adinayakudu – Telugu Movie Reviews, Trailers, Wallpapers, Photos, Cast & Crew, Story & Synopsis – entertainment.oneindia.in". Social Post. Popcorn.oneindia.in. Retrieved 2012-11-17.
- "Adhinayakudu will be biggest hit: Producer – Telugu Movie News". IndiaGlitz. 12 December 2011. Retrieved 2012-11-17.
- "Adhinayakudu Review | Adhinayakudu Rating". Teluguone.com. Retrieved 2012-11-17.
- "Adhinayakudu". The Times of India. Retrieved 1 June 2012.
- "Telugu Review: 'Adhinayakudu' is a family drama". CNN-IBN. Retrieved 1 June 2012.
- "Adhinayakudu movie review". NDTV. 2 June 2012.
- "Adhinayakudu Review – Balakrishna Movie". Supergoodmovies.com. 1 June 2012.
- "Adhinayakudu audio hits the market on March 8, 2012". way2movies. Retrieved 3 March 2012.