Ardeshir "Adi" Ratan Bulsara
May 15, 1951 |
|Alma mater||University of Texas at Austin|
|Doctoral advisor||Ilya Prigogine|
|Known for||Nonlinear dynamics|
Ardeshir "Adi" Ratan Bulsara (born May 15, 1951) is a scientist in the area nonlinear dynamics. The 2007 International Conference on Applied Nonlinear Dynamics (ICAND), held in Kauai, Hawaii, was a festschrift held in his honor of his 55th birthday.
In 2004, Bulsara was elected to Fellow of the American Physical Society (APS) for "developing the statistical mechanics of noisy nonlinear dynamical oscillators especially in the theory, application and technology of stochastic resonance detectors." His festschrift in honor of his 55th birthday, for logistic reasons, was held when he was 56.
Bulsara's Erdős Number
- A. R. Bulsara and W. C. Schieve, "Entropy and stability in a stochastic laser model," Z. Phys., B33(3), pp. 211–217, 1979.
- L. P. Horwitz, W. C. Schieve, and C. Piron, "Gibbs ensembles in relativistic classical and quantum mechanics," Ann. Physics, 137(2), pp. 306–340, 1981.
- S. Gudder and C. Piron, "Observables and the field in quantum mechanics," J. Mathematical Phys., 12, pp. 1583–1588, 1971.
- S. P. Gudder and R. H. Schelp, "Coordinatization of orthocomplemented and orthomodular posets," Proc. Amer. Math. Soc., 25, pp. 229–237, 1970.
- P. Erdős, R. J. Faudree, C. C. Rousseau, and R. H. Schelp, "Generalized Ramsey theory for multiple colors," J. Combinatorial Theory Ser., B20(3), pp. 250–264, 1976.
Books by Bulsara
- S. Baglio and A. Bulsara, (editors) Device Applications of Nonlinear Dynamics, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 2006, ISBN 3-540-33877-2
- A. Bulsara, Noise and Chaos in the RF SQUID, Office of Naval Research, 1992, ASIN B0006R2M5I
- A. Bulsara, Coupled Neural-Dendritic Processes: Cooperative Stochastic Effects and the Analysis of Spike Trains, Office of Naval Research, 1994, ASIN B0006R2O9C
- J. B. Kadtke and A. Bulsara, (editors) Applied Nonlinear Dynamics and Stochastic Systems Near the Millen[n]ium, 411, San Diego, CA, American Institute of Physics, Woodbury, N.Y., 1997, ISBN 1563967367
- Adi Ratan Bulsara, Entropy, Stability and Fluctuations in Lasing Systems, PhD Thesis, University of Texas at Austin, 1978
- US Search
- Bulsara's feschrift. (Their server is temporarily down, be patient)
- Bulsara's APS Fellow citation
- Bulsara's APS award announcement
- Adi Bulsara at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Photo of Bulsara in a high school debate, 1966
- Bulsara's publications at SPAWAR
- Bulsara page
- Humorous tribute to Bulsara
- Article on Bulsara's research
- Reference to Bulsara's work in New Scientist
- Bulsara's Physics Today article
- Reference to Bulsara's thesis
- Bulsara's biography at Campion