|City||Glens Falls, New York|
|League||American Hockey League|
|Home arena||Glens Falls Civic Center|
Orange, Black, Purple, White
|Media||Classic Hits Q101.7 FM|
|Affiliates||Philadelphia Flyers (NHL)|
|2014–present||Lehigh Valley Phantoms|
The Adirondack Phantoms were a professional ice hockey team in the American Hockey League (AHL), who began play in the 2009–10 AHL season. The Phantoms were based in Glens Falls, New York, playing home games at the Glens Falls Civic Center and are the AHL affiliate of the NHL's Philadelphia Flyers. The Phantoms were known as the Philadelphia Phantoms and were located in Philadelphia from 1996 to 2009; new ownership relocated and renamed the team following the closure of the Phantoms' former arena, the Spectrum.
Beginning in the 2014–15 season, the team will move to Allentown, Pennsylvania and play at the PPL Center. The team name will be the Lehigh Valley Phantoms and electric blue will replace purple as an accent color. For the 2014-15 season, the Phantoms are replaced in the Glen Falls market by the Calgary Flames' AHL affiliate, the Adirondack Flames, who relocated to Glens Falls after the city of Abbotsford, British Columbia terminated the former Abbotsford Heat's arena lease after five years of low attendance and financial losses.
In 2008, Comcast Spectacor announced that the Wachovia Spectrum, the Phantoms' home since 1996, was going to be demolished to make way for Philly Live, a project which included a luxury hotel and entertainment district. On February 4, 2009, it was announced that Comcast Spectacor has reached an agreement to sell the Phantoms to the Brooks Group of Pittsburgh. The Phantoms are the second American Hockey League team to play in Glens Falls, New York. The long term goal is to eventually move the team to the Lehigh Valley region in Allentown, Pennsylvania once the new $155 million arena is completed.
The Glens Falls Civic Center was home to the Adirondack Red Wings from 1979 to 1999. On April 28, 2009 it was announced by the AHL Board of Governors that approval had been given for the Brooks Group to officially move the Phantoms to Glens Falls.
On December 4, 2009, the Phantoms returned to Philadelphia to play a home game. The Phantoms lost 2–1 in overtime to the Norfolk Admirals at the Wachovia (now the Wells Fargo) Center.
The Phantoms were slated to return to Philadelphia a third time on January 6, 2012, where they took part in the third annual AHL Outdoor Classic. They hosted the Hershey Bears at Citizens Bank Park, a mere four days after that same ballpark hosted the Flyers and New York Rangers in the NHL Winter Classic. This was the third outdoor AHL game, but the first to include the Phantoms which won 4-3 in overtime. . It also marked the first time an outdoor AHL game is included in the Winter Classic festivities.
In March 2011, plans were announced for the PPL Center planned to be built in Allentown, Pennsylvania. The arena is planned to be located in downtown Allentown taking up the entire block between 7th and 8th St. and Hamilton Blvd. and Linden St. Demolition at the arena site began in January 2012.
|Calder Cup Champions||Conference Champions||Division Champions||League Leader|
Records as of April 20, 2014.
|2009–10||80||32||41||3||4||71||.444||199||251||7th, East||2010||Out of playoffs|
|2010–11||80||31||39||4||6||72||.450||197||248||7th, East||2011||Out of playoffs|
|2011–12||76||37||35||2||2||78||.513||204||217||3rd, Northeast||2012||Out of playoffs|
|2012–13||76||31||38||3||4||69||.454||187||223||5th, Northeast||2013||Out of playoffs|
|2013–14||76||30||38||2||6||68||.447||182||225||4th, Northeast||2014||Out of playoffs|
|Totals||388||161||191||14||22||358||.461||969||1164||0 Playoff Appearances|
- Goals: Jon Matsumoto, 30 (2009–10)
- Assists: Erik Gustafsson, 44 (2010–11)
- Points: Jason Akeson, 64 (2013–14)
- Penalty Minutes: Zac Rinaldo, 331 (2010–11)
- GAA: Michael Leighton, 2.22 (2010–11)
- SV%: Michael Leighton, .926 (2010–11)
- Wins: Michael Leighton, 28 (2011–12)
- Shutouts: Michael Leighton, 5 (2010–11)
- Goaltending records need a minimum 25 games played by the goaltender
- Career Goals: Jason Akeson, 58
- Career Assists: Jason Akeson, 114
- Career Points: Jason Akeson, 172
- Career Penalty Minutes: Brandon Manning, 447
- Career Goaltending Wins: Michael Leighton, 43
- Career Shutouts: Michael Leighton, 7
- Career Games: Ben Holmstrom, 256
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Adirondack Phantoms.|
- Kraus, Scott; Assad, Matt (November 14, 2012). "Allentown's hockey team will be Lehigh Valley Phantoms". The Morning Call. Retrieved November 15, 2012.
- "AHL hockey team moving to Glenn Falls". Timesunion.com. 2009-04-28. Archived from the original on 30 April 2009. Retrieved 2009-05-01.[dead link]
- NHL.com. "Flyers' AHL team to play outdoors vs. Hershey". Retrieved 26 September 2011.
- Hockeydb.com, Adirondack Phantoms season statistics and records.