Adjusters International, formed in 1985, is a public adjusting and disaster recovery company, who assists clients with financial recovery from insurance claims and U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) grants. The company's headquarters is in Utica, New York. It has more than 40 regional offices across the United States.
Public insurance adjusters represent clients for a small percentage of the resulting settlement money from the insurance claim. Adjusters mostly represent clients who have been victim to property damage or loss. Most cases involve natural disasters including: fires, floods, hurricanes, ice damage, and earthquakes.
Adjusters International assists its clients in regaining financial stability following disaster loss in the United States and worldwide.
Some of these cases include:
- Terrorist Attacks of September 11, 2001 – Following the events of 9-11, Adjusters International constructed a recovery plan totaling over $500 million in funding. For their contributions to the recovery and rebuilding at Ground Zero after the September 11, 2001, attack on the World Trade Center, Adjusters International's President & CEO, Ronald Cuccaro and Vice President John Marini received the James G. Hellmuth Unit Citation "for invaluable contribution to the World Trade Center Loss Recovery Team" from the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, owners of the World Trade Center. In the history of the award, they are the only people from outside the Port Authority who were ever bestowed this honor.
- 1993 World Trade Center Bombing – AI was enlisted by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey to assist with the insurance claim following a damage estimation of $400 million.
- Oklahoma City Bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Building – Adjusters conducted damage assessments to buildings, individuals, businesses, and governments affected by the bombing. The total estimated impact in Oklahoma City was $652 million.
- Government of Kuwait – Following the Persian Gulf War, Adjusters International was selected by the United Nations to represent the interests of the Government of Kuwait and its citizens. It set up initial infrastructure for the Public Authority for Assessment of Compensation for Damages Resulting from Iraqi Aggression (PAAC) and consolidated the Gulf War damages into final claim verification reports.
Adjusters International publishes and distributes two publications – Disaster Recovery Today and Adjusting Today These publications are free of charge and provide detailed, technical information on disaster recovery topics and insurance claim issues.
- Disaster Recovery Today Covers FEMA grant management strategies, and offers comprehensive guides to acquiring and retaining federal funding clients may need to rebuild.
- Adjusting Today provides insight into the property damage recovery process, focusing on case law and policy language to explain the intricacies of the claims process in various industries.
- Mahoney, Mark (November 20, 2012). "New York State Bar Association Hosts Webcast for 2,000 Attorneys on How to Assist Superstorm Sandy Victims". readMedia.
- Marquand, Barbara (November 8, 2012). "Buying instead of rebuilding after disaster". Insure.com (NASDAQ).
- "Adjusters International Responds to Hurricane Sandy". PRWeb (NBCNews.com). November 7, 2012.
- Mosser, Mike (October 26, 2012). "Fiscal planning key to hurricane season survival". Consumer Insurance Guide.
- Hamilton, Jesse (September 2, 2011). "Hurricane Irene Damage Forces FEMA to Re-certify Claim Adjusters". Bloomberg.
- Raab, Greg (September 1, 2011). "Navigating Insurance Claims in a Higher Education Facility". University Business.
- Morton, Jason (August 9, 2011). "Insurance companies plan 'call night' for tornado claims". TuscaloosaNews.com.
- "Pasquale 'Pat' Cuccaro: Before next storm hits, review insurance plans; consider connecting with public adjuster". TCPalm. August 7, 2011.
- Schramm, Jill (July 28, 2011). "Committee supports consultants, reviving mobile-home parks". MinotDailyNews.com.
- "The Greenspan Co./Adjusters International Named Company of the Year". ClaimsJournal.com (Insurance Journal). November 24, 2010.
- "Well Adjusted: Masood Khan". United Policyholders Summer 2010 Newsletter. June 2010.
- "Adjusters International Names National Sales Manager". Mohawk Valley Chamber of Commerce. July 29, 2009.
- Abell, Jeff (August 27, 2008). "Flood costs rise for Burlington". The Hawk Eye.
- Lenckus, Dave (August 25, 2008). "FEMA critics say new policy not supported by regulation". Business Insurance.
- Newcomb, Timothy (June 18, 2008). "Deflt Square structure's fate in limbo". Lynden Tribune. Archived from the original on July 10, 2008.
- Jones, Ben (June 17, 2008). "Some small towns opt to buy terrorism insurance". USAToday.
- Lent, Elizabeth (August 2006). "On Your Side The Role of Public Insurance Adjusters". The Cooperator.
- Rubino, John (December 2002). "Turmoil after terrorism - How last year's attacks have scrambled an industry.". Virginia Business Online. Archived from the original on 2008-06-30.
- Edelson Halpert, Julie (24 June 2001). "Personal Business: In the Insurance Maze, Adjusters Are Selling a Map". The New York Times.
- Adjustersinternational.com - Public Insurance Adjusting Services
- Adjustersinternational.com - Terrorist Attacks of September 11, 2001, New York, New York
- Adjustersinternational.com - World Trade Center Bombing, New York, New York
- Adjustersinternational.com - Oklahoma City Bombing, Oklahoma City Bombing, Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building, Oklahoma
- Adjustersinternational.com - Government of Kuwait, Kuwait City, Kuwait, Gulf War Reparations
- Adjustersinternational.com - Disaster Recovery Today
- Adjustersinternational.com - Adjusting Today
- Preparedness, LLC, References & Resources: Online & Print Periodicals