From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up adjust, adjusted, or adjustment in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Adjustment means regulating, adapting or settling in a variety of contexts:
- Adjustment (law) has several meanings; many relate to insurance, contracts, or the resolution of disputes
- In engineering, mathematics, and geodesy, the optimal parameter estimation of a mathematical model so as to best fit a data set (e.g. least squares adjustment)
- In metrology, the set of operations carried out on an instrument in order that it provides given indications corresponding to given values of the measurand.
- In psychology, the behavioural process of balancing conflicting needs, or needs against obstacles in the environment. Humans and animals regularly do this, for example, when they are stimulated by their physiological state to seek food, they eat (if possible) to reduce their hunger and thus adjust to the hunger stimulus. Adjustment disorder occurs when there is an inability to make a normal adjustment to some need or stress in the environment.
- In statistics, it is the compensation for confounding variables
See also 
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.