||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for web content. (January 2011)|
|Type of site||Community Weblog|
|Created by||Åsk Wäppling|
Adland is a community weblog and advertising archive whose purpose is to share advertising news, gossip, and archive advertising work from around the world, concentrating on commercials and videos. Adland has the worlds largest collection of Super Bowl commercials spanning over 30 years. In July 2011 Brand republic listed it as the tenth best advertising, marketing, media, PR and digital blog in the world,', while Business Insider in July 2012 put Adland on a list of the 22 most influential advertising bloggers.
Adland was founded by Åsk Wäppling in 1996, best known on the site under her nom de plume Dabitch '. Adland has over 90,000 registered members and in 2007 the site had "914,436 unique monthly visitors and 4.87 million monthly visits.". Adland has been on the URLs ad-rag.com and commercial-archive.com since 1999, and switched to adland.tv in 2009. According to Åsk Wäppling "We preserve, we publish, we deliver, we review and sometimes harass all advertising there is."  Adland has provided ads to news organisations for review purposes, for example New York Times. It began as a place to collect plagiarized ads under the heading Badland, with a mailinglist called adlist on the side. In 2000 the site changed to a blog. FastCompany said that it 'generates a more diverse array of insight' as it allows for the members to post news. The website "tracks gossip news and dud ads from around the world" as well as collects advertising and commercials.
In the summer of 2008 during the Olympics in China, Åsk Wäppling received death threats over a Red Cross campaign posted on Adland. The Red Cross stated that they were "standing behind ad blogger" as Adland kept the campaign available on the site despite the threats.
- 'The web's most influential bloggers'
- 'Meet The 22 Most Influential Advertising Bloggers'
- 'Best Business Blogs'
- 'PR Interview: How to Be Seen in Adland, the Land of Edgy Video Ads'
- 'Vi bygger internet: Åsk Wäppling, Adland.tv'
- 'The Super AD Bowl - two decades of players'
- 'Resumé: She puts the plagiarized ads on the web'
- 'Reklambloggare bannad av Google – beskylls för att sprida porr'
- 'Mediabistro: Adblogger gets death Threats over Human Rights campaign'
- 'Resumé: Adlands grundare hotas för OS-kritisk reklam'