Adobe World Headquarters
|Adobe World Headquarters|
|Roof||West Tower: 78.9 m (259 ft)
East Tower: 71.9 m (236 ft)
Almaden Tower: 72 m (236 ft)
|Floor count||West Tower: 18
East Tower: 16
Almaden Tower: 18
|Floor area||980,953 sq ft (91,133.5 m2)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Hellmuth, Obata & Kassabaum|
|Structural engineer||Nishkian Menninger|
|Main contractor||Devcon Construction|
The complex consists of three towers: West, East and Almaden. The 18-story, 78.9 m (259 ft) West Tower, first built in 1996, was the sixth tallest in the city of San Jose, and has 391,000 sq ft (36,300 m2) of office space. The 16-story, 71.9 m (236 ft) East Tower has 325,000 sq ft (30,200 m2) of office space, and was constructed next to the West Tower in 1998. In 2003, 17-story 72 m (236 ft) Almaden Tower was completed adding 273,000 sq ft (25,400 m2). The buildings are situated atop of a 938,473-square-foot (87,187 m2) enclosed parking garage. Both the West and East towers house Adobe's Research and Development and Sales and Marketing departments, while the Almaden tower houses administration and staff.
The buildings are known for their green design. The West tower is listed as an Energy Star Labeled Building by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. In 2006, all three towers were awarded Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Platinum certification by the United States Green Building Council for environmental sustainability.
The building is also notable for having the "San Jose Semaphore", an installation consisting of four rotating lights created in 2006 by artist Ben Rubin. The lights themselves rotate every 7.2 seconds according to a code pattern; the pattern was deciphered in 2007 and as of 2012, it now displays a new riddle.
- Adobe World Headquarters at Emporis
- Adobe Systems I at SkyscraperPage
- Adobe Systems II at SkyscraperPage
- Adobe Systems III at SkyscraperPage
- Adobe World Headquarters at Structurae
- "Adobe Systems Corporate Headquarters" (PDF). Rocky Mountain Institute. Retrieved November 6, 2009.
- "Adobe Systems Incorporated Three Platinum Certified Green Buildings". Regenerative Ventures. Retrieved November 6, 2009.
- "ENERGY STAR Labeled Building Profile: Adobe, West Tower". Energystar.gov. Retrieved November 6, 2009.
- "Adobe Headquarters Awarded Highest Honors from U.S. Green Building Council". Adobe Systems. Retrieved November 6, 2009.