Adolph Rupp Cup
|Adolph F. Rupp Cup|
|Awarded for||the nation's top NCAA Division I head coach "who best exemplifies excellence in his dedication to the game of basketball and to his student athletes"|
|Presented by||Commonwealth Athletic Club of Kentucky|
|Currently held by||Bill Self, Kansas|
The Adolph F. Rupp Cup is an award given annually since 2004 to the men's college basketball head coach in NCAA Division I competition "who best exemplifies excellence in his dedication to the game of basketball and to his student athletes." The award is named for former University of Kentucky head coach Adolph Rupp, who compiled an overall record of 876–190 with six recognized national championships and one NIT championship. Rupp coached Kentucky between 1930 and 1972, and his winning percentage of 82.2% is still the NCAA record.
The Rupp Cup is presented by the Commonwealth Athletic Club of Kentucky. The award's inaugural recipient was Phil Martelli of Saint Joseph's University, who was also recognized as the Naismith National Coach of the Year that season.
|*||Awarded the Naismith College Coach of the Year the same season|
|Coach (X)||Denotes the number of times the coach has been awarded the Adolph Rupp Cup at that point|
|2003–04||Martelli, PhilPhil Martelli*||Saint Joseph's||30–2|||
|2004–05||Weber, BruceBruce Weber*||Illinois||37–2|||
|2005–06||Williams, RoyRoy Williams||North Carolina||23–8|||
|2006–07||Ryan, BoBo Ryan||Wisconsin||30–6|||
|2007–08||Pearl, BruceBruce Pearl||Tennessee||31–5|||
|2008–09||Pitino, RickRick Pitino||Louisville||31–5|||
|2009–10||Calipari, JohnJohn Calipari||Kentucky||35–3|||
|2010–11||Fisher, SteveSteve Fisher*||San Diego State||34–3|||
|2011–12||Self, BillBill Self*||Kansas||32–7|||
Winners by school
|San Diego State||1||2011|
- "About the Rupp Cup". Adolph Rupp Awards. RuppAwards.com. Retrieved 8 May 2010.
- "About Adolph Rupp". RuppAwards.com. Retrieved 8 May 2010.
- "Adolph Rupp Cup" (PDF). Men's Basketball Records and Awards (pg. 159). National Collegiate Athletic Association. 2009. Retrieved 8 May 2010.
- "Hansbrough named Player of the Year recipient, while Tennessee's Bruce Pearl selected Coach of the Year to receive award". Men's basketball. theACC.com. 25 March 2008. Retrieved 8 May 2010.
- "Calipari and Wall Receive Rupp Awards in Indianapolis" (Press release). University of Kentucky. 31 March 2010. Archived from the original on 9 April 2010. Retrieved 8 May 2010.
- "BYU's Jimmer Fredette wins Adolph Rupp Award". The Salt Lake Tribune. 30 March 2011. Retrieved 30 March 2011.
- "Self Presented with Rupp Award". Kansas Athletics Inc. 29 March 2012. Retrieved 29 March 2012.