July 20, 1963 |
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S.
Adoni Maropis (born July 20, 1963) is an American actor.
Maropis was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, the middle of three sons. He is best known for playing Quan Chi in Mortal Kombat: Conquest. He also played General Hassan in Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun as well as Sakr in Hidalgo. He appeared in a recurring role as terrorist leader Abu Fayed in season six of 24 and as an assassin in the season three premier of the television series Chuck.
Maropis is also a world class table tennis player, preferring the "orthodox styles" of hardbat and sandpaper table tennis. As of this writing (July 2012) he holds titles as world and US champion for sandpaper table tennis and also won the hardbat class of the US championship in 2011. Maropis is currently working on a feature film project entitled "The Last Palikari" written by himself and his father, Petro Maropis. A short version of the project was completed in 2012 with Vertex Media in Los Angeles, CA.
- Mortal Kombat: Conquest (1999) .. Quan Chi
- Passion Cove .. Matt
- Surrender (2000) .. Bernie
- The Gristle (2001) .. Louis
- Angel (2001) .. Rebel Leader
- The Scorpion King (2002) .. Doubting General
- Bad Company (2002) .. Jarma/Dragan henchman #1
- Hidalgo (2004) .. Sakr
- Close Call (2004) .. Pimp
- Troy .. Agamemnon's Officer
- The Deviants (2004) .. Amir
- Venus On The Halfshell (2005) .. Bones
- Francis Hamper (2006) .. Epic the cab driver
- 24 (2007) .. Abu Fayed
- CSI: NY (2008) .. Sebastian Diakos
- Chuck (2010) .. Javier
- Criminal Minds (2010) .. Paramedic/Terrorist
- Pair of Kings(2010)..The Oracle
- "Local Actor Thriving". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. March 11, 2004. Retrieved February 9, 2010.
- "Films and TV up the ante on graphic torture scenes". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. January 19, 2007. Retrieved February 9, 2010.
|This article about a United States film and television actor or actress born in the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|