Adrián López Rodríguez
|Full name||Adrián López Rodríguez|
|Date of birth||25 February 1987|
|Place of birth||As Pontes, Spain|
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|2001–2006||Deportivo La Coruña|
|2007–2010||Deportivo La Coruña||26||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 26 July 2013.
† Appearances (Goals).
López was born in As Pontes de García Rodríguez, A Coruña. After emerging through the ranks of local Deportivo de La Coruña, he spent his first two professional seasons with the club's B-side. During the 2007–08 season he benefitted from injury to undisputed starter Alberto Lopo and made 15 La Liga starts for the first-team, the first coming on 30 September 2007 in a 0–1 away loss against RCD Espanyol.
On 22 February 2009, again starting and already a full member of the main squad, Piscu scored his first goal for the Galicians, in a 1–1 home draw against Valencia CF. He finished the season with eight league appearances.
In the summer of 2010 Deportivo unilaterally renewed Piscu's contract, keeping the player at the club until June 2011. The player, not having signed the contract himself, believed he was a free agent and did not turn up for training with the club; while waiting for the contract dispute to be resolved by FIFA he trained with Premier League side Wigan Athletic, and the entity eventually ruled that he was a free player and was allowed to join another team.
On 31 December 2010 Piscu eventually joined the Latics on a free transfer, signing a short term deal until the end of the 2010–11 season. He made his club debut in the campaign's FA Cup, starting in a 3–2 win at Hull City on 8 January 2011. On 5 March he first appeared in the league, in a 0–1 away defeat against Manchester City.
López made a total of four appearances for Wigan in his first year and, in early August 2011, extended his contract with the club for a further two years. He left at the end of the 2012–13 season as the team suffered relegation, with only 19 official matches to his credit.
On 26 July 2013 López signed with Major League Soccer club Montreal Impact, for an undisclosed fee. He made his competitive debut on 21 August in a CONCACAF Champions League match against Heredia Jaguares de Peten, which ended in a 0–1 loss and with him being sent off for a challenge on Charles Córdoba; additionally, he failed to appear in the league season, after suffering a torn anterior cruciate ligament to his right knee during a training session.
- Wigan Athletic
- Montreal Impact
- "Espanyol 1–0 Deportivo La Coruña". ESPN FC. 30 September 2007. Retrieved 18 January 2013.
- Piscu pounces to keep Valencia in check; UEFA.com, 22 February 2009
- "El Deportivo renueva a Piscu" [Deportivo renews Piscu] (in Spanish). Marca. 30 June 2010. Retrieved 28 December 2010.
- "La ausencia de Piscu sorprende en el Deportivo" [Piscu's absence surprises Deportivo] (in Spanish). El Día. 10 July 2010. Retrieved 28 December 2010.
- "Piscu chooses Wigan Athletic over Deportivo La Coruna". Click Lancashire. 2 November 2010. Retrieved 28 December 2010.
- "Lopez finally completes move". 31 December 2010. Retrieved 31 December 2010.
- "Hull 2–3 Wigan". BBC Sport. 8 January 2011. Archived from the original on 9 February 2011. Retrieved 17 February 2011.
- "Man City 1–0 Wigan". BBC Sport. 5 March 2011. Retrieved 5 March 2011.
- "Piscu jugará en el Wigan inglés dos temporadas más" [Piscu will play for England's Wigan another two seasons] (in Spanish). La Voz de Galicia. 3 August 2011. Retrieved 9 August 2011.
- "Montreal Impact sign Spanish center back Adrian Lopez Rodriguez". Major League Soccer. 26 July 2013. Retrieved 26 July 2013.
- Tremblay, Olivier (26 August 2013). "CD Heredia 1, Montreal Impact 0 – CONCACAF Champions League Match Recap". Major League Soccer. Retrieved 26 August 2013.
- "Preview: Impact hosts the Columbus Crew at Stade Saputo on Saturday afternoon". Montreal Impact. 13 September 2013. Retrieved 19 October 2013.