||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2010)|
Adrián Kirzner Schwartz, better known as Adrián Suar (Spanish pronunciation: [aˈðɾjan ˈswar]; born March 25, 1968 in Manhattan, New York, USA) is an Argentine-American Jewish former actor, and a current media producer and businessman, better known as the programme director of Canal 13.
He started working in the TV series Pelito at the early age of 13. He then worked in other TV shows such as La Banda del Golden Rocket, Poliladron, Por el Nombre de Dios, 22, El Loco, and Sin código, and for films such as Comodines, Cohen vs Rossi, Apariencias, El hijo de la novia, El día que me amen and 18-J.
Together with Fernando Blanco, he created in 1994 Pol-Ka, one of the three most important TV producing companies in Argentina, with shows that have been exported to other countries.
Among the series and films produced by Pol-Ka are Por el Nombre de Dios, Comodines, El Hijo de la Novia and Luna de Avellaneda.
He married, and later divorced actress Araceli González, with whom he had a child, Tomás.
- 2013 Tato award as best lead actor in comedy
- 2013 Martín Fierro Awards: Best lead actor of daily comedy (for Solamente Vos)
- "Todos los ganadores de los premios Tato 2013" [All the winners of the Tato awards 2013] (in Spanish). La Nación. December 3, 2013. Retrieved December 2, 2013.
- "Tele: todos los ganadores de los Martín Fierro 2014" [TV: all the winners of the Martín Fierro 2014] (in Spanish). La Nación. May 19, 2014. Retrieved May 28, 2014.
- Adrián Suar at the Internet Movie Database.
- Adrián Suar at Cinenacional.com.
- Fan site with Biography (Spanish).
- Pol-Ka Productions (Spanish).
- Pol-Ka Films (English).
- El Trece.