||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2007)|
|This section requires expansion. (February 2011)|
Durham began his broadcasting career in Leeds in the early 1990s working on the TEAMtalk telephone service, alongside reporters such as BBC Radio 5 Live commentator Ian Dennis, which was established as an independent rival to Clubcall.
He currently hosts TalkSPORT's "Drivetime" on weekdays between 4pm–7pm alongside former England cricketer Darren Gough. Durham styles himself as the world's only celebrity Peterborough United fan. He was described in The Guardian as an "expert phone-in troll, arrogantly spouting inflammatory football opinions in the hope of prompting some indignant phone rage from an uppity fan." He once accused Jamie Carragher of being a "bottler" for retiring from international football, which prompted the Liverpool and England defender to call in to the show to confront Durham. His criticism of Celtic manager Neil Lennon prompted a phone call from Celtic fan Rod Stewart, who gave Durham a "gentle lashing". He is also critical of Mario Balotelli, describing him as "an overpaid penalty taker who no longer takes penalties."
Durham has a daily feature on his radio show called the Daily Arsenal. This feature is played regularly between Monday and Friday at 5:30 pm in which Durham gives his latest opinion on the club.
Durham was mugged at knifepoint in Rio de Janeiro after England's 2-2 draw in a friendly against Brazil on 29 May 2013, raising concerns over the safety of the host city ahead of the following year's World Cup. He was shaken but not harmed.
Durham writes a weekly column for the Daily Mail. In October 2013 he released his first book, entitled Is He All That?: Great Footballing Myths Shattered. Among the views expressed in the book are that Arsenal's Invincibles team of 2003-04 was overrated, Italy's four World Cups are undeserved and the 1966 World Cup final was "a rubbish game". He insists that David Beckham was a "great footballer".
- Radio: Adrian Durham | Radio talkSPORT Archived August 3, 2010 at the Wayback Machine
- "The Adrian Durham Q&A Interview". TalkSPORT. August 2003. Archived from the original on 27 August 2008. Retrieved 29 August 2008.
- A week listening to … TalkSport
- Jamie Carragher fumes at 'bottler' claim
- Mario Balotelli is an overpaid penalty taker! Brendan Rodgers is setting himself up for a fall with this one
- Benedict, Luke (3 June 2013). "Adrian Durham mugged in Brazil". www.dailymail.co.uk. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- Durham, Adrian (10 October 2013). "Arsenal's Invincibles are a myth, the 1966 World Cup final was rubbish and Lineker should have cheated against Argentina". www.dailymail.co.uk. Retrieved 27 October 2013.
|TalkSport breakfast show host