Grenier at the Tribeca Film Festival in New York, April 2007
July 10, 1976 |
Santa Fe, New Mexico, U.S.
|Occupation||Actor, director, musician|
Early life 
Grenier was raised by his mother, a real estate agent, in Manhattan, New York. He claims to be of European and Apache descent and calls himself a "Native American white boy." He went to Bard College in New York.
In 1997, Grenier made his film debut in the independent drama Arresting Gena. In 1999, he played opposite Melissa Joan Hart in Drive Me Crazy as well as in "(You Drive Me) Crazy", in 2001, starred in James Toback's Harvard Man . In 2002, Grenier made his directorial debut with the documentary, Shot in the Dark. The documentary chronicles his years-long search for his father, with whom Grenier's mother broke up when Adrian was still a baby. Grenier and Dunbar remained estranged for 18 years, and in 2001, Adrian began work on the documentary in an attempt to forge a relationship with Dunbar. The two eventually reunited and maintain a warm relationship. HBO premiered the documentary on June 3, 2007.
In 2004, Grenier landed the lead role in the HBO series Entourage, which has brought him his most substantial notice and success. In 2006, he won a role in The Devil Wears Prada, as Anne Hathaway's boyfriend, Nate. In 2007, People magazine ranked him #7 in its annual list of Sexiest Men Alive.
On June 2, 2008, Grenier's new show, Alter Eco (not to be confused with Fair Trade importers Alter Eco), premiered on Planet Green. The show features the actor and his team of green experts showing changes that can be made to become more eco-friendly.
On December 17, 2009, Grenier and his business partner Peter Glatzer founded the green lifestyle site shft.com.
On September 27, 2010, HBO premiered the documentary Teenage Paparazzo, a film concerning the relationship between the celebrity and society that Grenier worked on for three years as a producer. The work features interviews with celebrities such as Lindsay Lohan, Alec Baldwin, and Whoopi Goldberg.
In addition to being a filmmaker, Grenier is also a musician, playing guitar, drums, French horn, and the piano. He is a member of two New York bands, lead singer in Kid Friendly and drummer in The Honey Brothers.
Personal life 
His father was from Ohio of Northern European ancestry; his mother was born in New Mexico and was part Hispanic on her father's side. A DNA test, on the PBS program Finding Your Roots, showed Adrian to have approximately 8.44% Native American ancestry and his direct maternal line's Native American descent was confirmed by his mitochondrial haplogroup C12b.
|1998||Fishes Outta Water|
|The Adventures of Sebastian Cole||Sebastian Cole|
|1999||Drive Me Crazy||Chase Hammond|
|2000||Cecil B. Demented||Lyle|
|2001||Harvard Man||Alan Jensen|
|Artificial Intelligence: AI||Teen in van|
|2002||Love in the Time of Money||Nick|
|Hart's War||Pvt. Daniel E. Abrams|
|2003||Bringing Rain||Clay Askins|
|Anything Else||Ray Polito|
|2004||Tony N' Tina's Wedding||Michael|
|2005||A Perfect Fit||John|
|2006||Across the Hall||Julian||Short film|
|The Devil Wears Prada||Nate|
|2007||Off Hour||Bruno||Short Film Award Best Actor|
|2008||Adventures of Power||Dallas Houston|
|2002||Freshening Up||Noah||Short film|
|2004–2011||Entourage||Vincent Chase||Lead Role; 96 episodes
Nominated - PRISM Awards Performance in a Comedy Series (2012)
Nominated - PRISM Awards Performance in a Comedy Series (2011)
Nominated - Golden Nymph Outstanding Actor, Comedy Series (2010)
Nominated - ASTRA Awards Favourite International Personality or Actor (2009)
Nominated - Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series (2009)
Nominated - Teen Choice Award Choice Summer TV Star: Male (2009)
Nominated - Golden Nymph Outstanding Actor, Comedy Series (2008)
Nominated - Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series (2008)
Nominated - Teen Choice Award Choice TV Actor: Comedy (2007)
Nominated - Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series (2007)
Nominated - Teen Choice Award Choice TV Chemistry (shared w/ cast) (2006)
|2010||90210||Himself||Episode: Age of Inheritance|
|2002||Shot in the Dark|
|2005||Across the Hall||Short|
|2008||Alter Eco||9 episodes|
|2009||Waiting For The Light To Change|
|Don't Quit Your Daydream|
|2012||My Name Is Faith|
|How To Make Money Selling Drugs|
|2002||Shot in the Dark|
- Ryan, Jim (May 27, 2007). "'ENTOURAGE' OF STAR'S '2 DADS'". New York Post.
- "Adrian Grenier Biography – Yahoo! Movies".
- "Adrian Grenier Biography".
- Keck, William (2004-08-12). "No need for his own 'Entourage'". USAToday.com.
- "Breakout Star: Adrian Grenier – Adrian Grenier".
- "Adrian Grenier Talks About Finding His Father – Adrian Grenier : People.com".
- Adrian Grenier
- "The Sexiest Men Alive 2007 - Adrian Grenier". People. November 26, 2007. Retrieved January 13, 2012.
- Planet Green
- "Adrian Founds Shft.com". Adrian Founds Shft.com. Retrieved 14 February 2012.
- "Ministry of Gossip". The Los Angeles Times. September 22, 2010.
- TreeHugger.com, Adrian Grenier and the Honey Brothers Talk Green Living at the Wanderlust Festival, 2009
- ""Adrian Grenier pic, poster, close-up pics & event picture" April 14, 2008".
- "Actor Adrian Grenier teams up with Portlanders to bring back beer in flat-top cans", oregonlive.com
- McDevitt, Caitlin (September 7, 2012). "'Entourage' star talks up Obama". Politico.
- Stated on Finding Your Roots with Henry Louis Gates, Jr., May 20, 2012, PBS
- Jurgensen, John (March 22, 2012). "Doubling Down on DNA". The Wall Street Journal.
- Adrian Grenier at the Internet Movie Database
- Interview on WHO.com with Adrian Grenier
- Interview in Submerge Magazine with Adrian Grenier on his band The Honey Brothers
- Reckless Adrian Grenier App