Adrian Hope, 4th Marquess of Linlithgow
Adrian John Charles Hope, 4th Marquess of Linlithgow (born 1 July 1946), styled Viscount Aithrie until 1952 and Earl of Hopetoun between 1952 and 1987, is a British aristocrat. His family seat is Hopetoun House, near Edinburgh, Scotland. He was educated at Eton College.
The Marquess' son (the current Earl of Hopetoun) lives in the house and the 4th Marquess lives on the Estate.
Lord Linlithgow is the son of Charles Hope, 3rd Marquess of Linlithgow, and Vivien Kenyon-Slaney (1918–1964).
The current Marquess will eventually be succeeded by his elder son Andrew, Earl of Hopetoun. Andrew is married to Skye Bovill, now Countess of Hopetoun. He is a former Page of Honour to the Queen Mother. Lord and Lady Hopetoun take part in the Queen's carriage procession at Royal Ascot.
- 1 July 1946–5 January 1952: Viscount Aithrie.
- 5 January 1952–7 April 1987: Earl of Hopetoun.
- 7 April 1987—present: The Most Honourable The Marquess of Linlithgow.
|Ancestors of Adrian Hope, 4th Marquess of Linlithgow|
- Hopetoun House in peril as trustees plan sell-off
- History of the Hope family http://www.hopetoun.co.uk/History-of-the-Hope-Family.html
- Adrian Hope entry at thePeerage.com http://www.thepeerage.com/p4685.htm#i46850
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by Adrian Hope, 4th Marquess of Linlithgow
|Peerage of the United Kingdom|
Charles William Frederick Hope
|Marquess of Linlithgow