|Awards||Queen's Police Medal (2012)|
|Department||City of London Police|
City of London Police
|Years of service||1984 - present|
Adrian Leppard, QPM is a senior British police officer and the current Commissioner of the City of London Police. He was previously Deputy Chief Constable of Kent Police and has served as a detective with Surrey Police.
Early life and education
Lepppard began his police in 1984 when he joined Surrey Police as a constable. He served as a traffic officer in the early years of his career. In 1989, he was promoted to sergeant and trained as a detective. As a senior investigating officer, he investigated a number of murders including the contract killing of Mario Commatteo. By 2003, he has risen to become the area commander of North West Surrey in the rank of chief superintendent.
In 2005, he transferred to Kent Police as an assistant chief constable with responsibly for specialist operations. In September 2005, he became assistant chief constable with responsibly for area operations. He led the investigation into the Securitas depot robbery that had occurred in February 2006. In December 2007, he was promoted to deputy chief constable. From March until July 2010, he was serving as temporary chief constable of the force.
In January 2011, he left Kent Police to join the City of London Police as Commissioner. In addition to leading the City's police, he is head of the National Fraud Intelligence Bureau. In the 2012 New Year Honours, he was awarded the Queen's Police Medal. 
Leppard has raised at least $1 million for charity. In January 2013, he took part in the Wings of Kilimanjaro, a charity event that involved climbing Mount Kilimanjaro and paragliding off the top.
- "Commissioner Adrian Leppard, QPM MBA". Cambridge Symposium. City of London Police. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "City Police Hotseat Occupied". Police Oracle. 10 January 2011. Retrieved 19 February 2014.
- "Commissioner". City of London Police. 18 November 2013. Retrieved 19 February 2014.
- "The man leading £53m raid probe". BBC News. 1 March 2006. Retrieved 19 February 2014.
- "Police officer receives commendation for life saving action". Lightwater Village. 8 April 2003. Retrieved 21 February 2014.
- "Leppard appointed Deputy Chief Constable". Kent Online. 6 December 2007. Retrieved 19 February 2014.
- "Police officer receives commendation for life saving action". Nottingham Post. 21 May 2010. Retrieved 21 February 2014.
- Russell, Jonathan (20 June 2011). "City of London Police chief Adrian Leppard seeks private sector help to fight economic crime". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 19 February 2014.
- The London Gazette: . 31 December 2011. Retrieved 21 February 2014.
- "Commissioner Adrian Leppard". The Global Peace & Unity Festival. Retrieved 19 February 2014.
- Dartford, Katy. "Wings of Kilimanjaro at the Lord Mayors Show". Retrieved 21 February 2014.
- "Wings of Kilimanjaro launches". Trek and Mountain. 9 November 2012. Retrieved 21 February 2014.
- City of London Police Commissioner, Adrian Leppard, talks about Wings Of Kilimanjaro. Wings Of Kilimanjaro. 15 November 2012. Retrieved 20 February 2014. "I've been flying for 15 years"
- "Commissioner of the City of London Adrian Leppard". Surrey Constabulary Blog. Emergency Shorts. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
|Commissioner of the City of London Police