||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (April 2009)|
Adrian Sargeant (born 27 October 1964) is the Robert F. Hartsook Professor of Fundraising at the Center on Philanthropy at Indiana University,  as well as the Professor of Nonprofit Marketing and Fundraising at Bristol Business School (U.K) and an Adjunct Professor of Fundraising at the Australian Centre for Philanthropy and Nonprofit Studies, Queensland University of Technology in Brisbane, Australia. He is one of the world’s foremost authorities in the domain of fundraising being consistently voted one of the top ten most influential people in the field by readers of Professional Fundraising Magazine.
In 2004, Sargeant pioneered the public information website www.charityfacts.org designed to bolster public trust and confidence in the UK’s charity sector. The site is underpinned by an ongoing benchmarking study tracking the fundraising performance of a cross section of charities. More recently, Sargeant developed the UK’s new National Occupational Standard for Fundraising, specifying the skills and knowledge required of fundraisers working in a variety of different roles within the profession.
In 2008, he was honoured by the Institute of Fundraising for his services to the profession of fundraising, becoming an Honorary Fellow of the Institute. Along with Stephen Lee, Lindsay Boswell and Peter Maple, Sargeant is calling for a greater investment in meaningful fundraising research in the UK
In 2012, Sargeant joined Bloomerang, a non-profit fundraising software start-up, as an adviser, helping to incorporate concepts from his 2004 book Building Donor Loyalty: The Fundraiser's Guide To Increasing Lifetime Value into the company's software.
- Sargeant, A (1999) Marketing Management For Nonprofit Organisations, Oxford University Press.
- Sargeant, A and McKenzie, J (1998) A Lifetime Of Giving: An Analysis of Donor Lifetime Value, Charities Aid Foundation, West Malling.
- Sargeant, A and Kaehler, J (1998) Benchmarking Charity Costs, Charities Aid Foundation, West Malling.
- Sargeant, A and West, D (2001) Direct and Interactive Marketing, Oxford University Press, Oxford.
- Sargeant, A and Jay, E (2004) Fundraising Management: Analysis, Planning and Practice, Routledge, London.
- Sargeant, A and Jay, E (2004) Building Donor Loyalty: The Fundraiser’s Guide To Increasing Lifetime Value, Jossey Bass, San Francisco.
- Sargeant, A (2004) Marketing W Organizacjach Non Profit, Oficyna Ekonomiczna, Kraków, Poland.
- Sargeant, A and Wymer, W (2007) The Routledge Companion To Nonprofit Marketing, Routledge London.
- Sargeant, A (2009) Marketing Management for Nonprofit Organizations, (3rd edtn) Oxford University Press, Oxford.
- Sargeant, A and Shang, J (2010) Fundraising Principles & Practice, Jossey Bass, San Francisco.
- Cited as the Wall Street Journal's Gift of the Week, October 13, 2006, A13
- Sargeant, A., Lee, S. and Jay, E. (2009) 'Communicating the Realities of Charity Costs: An Institute of Fundraising Initiative', Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly, 38(2), 333-342.
- UK Workforce Hub (2008) National Occupational Standards for Fundraising, UK Workforce Hub, London.